Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DNS problems

• 05-03-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hey guys this will be my second time getting the full 12 month xbox live but when ever I try to connect to my silver account it says cannot connect to xbox live. So I run the network diagnostics and every time it says there is problems with my DNS and and I should contact my ISP. But when I contact my ISP (Eircom) they can't seem to find out what the problem is. Can someone help (or tell me what DNS stands for)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Keggers wrote: »
    Hey guys this will be my second time getting the full 12 month xbox live but when ever I try to connect to my silver account it says cannot connect to xbox live. So I run the network diagnostics and every time it says there is problems with my DNS and and I should contact my ISP. But when I contact my ISP (Eircom) they can't seem to find out what the problem is. Can someone help (or tell me what DNS stands for)

How are you connected (wireless, ICS or direct to your router)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I'm connected straight into my modem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have you been able to connect to the net using a standard pc or laptop?

They have been working fine.

Keggers wrote: »
    They have been working fine.

Did you manualy input the settings or are they set to auto?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Have you got the elilte or the premium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

kaimera wrote: »
    Have you got the elilte or the premium?

What difference would that make?

Just wondering?

Op

If your eircom (most people are)

Go to router config : 192.168.1.254

Then there should be a drop down menu in TCP/IP Config with age of empires on it (correct me if im wrong, im trying to remember this as I type) -

click that

If you scroll down there should be one for xbox live, select that and you should have no problems connecting....

All the nearest PCs are macs(My dad is a Mac kinda guy) Would that make a difference and I have da super kick ass Halo 3 console

Fieldog wrote: »
    What difference would that make?

Just wondering?

Op

If your eircom (most people are)

Go to router config : 192.168.1.254

Then there should be a drop down menu in TCP/IP Config with age of empires on it (correct me if im wrong, im trying to remember this as I type) -

click that

If you scroll down there should be one for xbox live, select that and you should have no problems connecting....

I think that would only fix problems if it was failing on xbox live or the NAT test, not DNS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

On the DNS entrys enter them manually
    You can go to open DNS and use the servers listed there

• Advertisement
Advertisement