Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best deal on a pay as you go mobile phone?

• 05-03-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭

I am looking for a cheap pay as you go mobile. It will be my second phone which i will not use very much. Only in relation to small number of business calls. Any suggestions. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

3 do a lot of €99 phone deals...with 3pay customers getting back €80 free credit (€10 free each month when you top-up by €10)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There's lots of cheap PAYG mobiles out there:

Vodafone has 3 for €39.
    O2 has 1 for €39.
    Tesco Mobile has 1 for €39.99

Meteor have 2 at €59. They've also 1 at €69 with free Bluetooth headset (can be used with any Bluetooth compatible mobile.) Although their phone's are €20/30 more, Meteor's calls are the cheapest, so your call credit will last longer.

All have free delivery if you buy online.

It varies according to price plan but in general, all the mobile networks, except Meteor and Tesco Mobile, charge more for cross-network calls. I'd recommend Meteor for their good value flat rate price plan (make sure you're on the Anytime Plus price plan), free voicemail, 300 free web texts every month and per second charging. You can also get 5c calls or free texts to other Meteor numbers for 30 days every time you top-up by €20.

Advertisement