Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Travel from WHL

Options
  • 05-03-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Guys,
    Booked flights and tickets for the middlesbourough game on the 12th April.
    Going from Dublin with Ryanair.
    Am i right in assuming that Tottenham Hale to Stansted is the quickest way out of there after the game? Game is over at 16:50, flight is booked for 19:35. Do you think thats too tight?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

browbrow wrote: »
    Guys,
    Booked flights and tickets for the middlesbourough game on the 12th April.
    Going from Dublin with Ryanair.
    Am i right in assuming that Tottenham Hale to Stansted is the quickest way out of there after the game? Game is over at 16:50, flight is booked for 19:35. Do you think thats too tight?

Any advice appreciated.

Assuming you have online check in you'll be fine. 30mins walk to tottenham hale and then train to stansted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

yiddo wrote: »
    Assuming you have online check in you'll be fine. 30mins walk to tottenham hale and then train to stansted.

Yep, will be checking in online, wouldnt normally be a worry for me but am bringing the girlfirend this time (a converted Yid!!) so just wanna make sure it goes smooth. Cheers for the reply Yiddo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

We usually catch a train at Tottenham Hale about 5:35 and make it to Stansted for 6:05. As long as you have online check in you'll be fine.

However, if we get past PSV in the Uefa Cup that game will almost certainly be moved to the Sunday, as per: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055188402

Sorry dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

We usually catch a train at Tottenham Hale about 5:35 and make it to Stansted for 6:05. As long as you have online check in you'll be fine.

However, if we get past PSV in the Uefa Cup that game will almost certainly be moved to the Sunday, as per: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055188402

Sorry dude.

D'oh!! Cheers for the reply, flights were cheap enough, id gladly sacrifice my day trip for UEFA cup glory though... Will see how it pans out.. Cheers for the headsup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

browbrow wrote: »
    D'oh!! Cheers for the reply, flights were cheap enough, id gladly sacrifice my day trip for UEFA cup glory though... Will see how it pans out.. Cheers for the headsup!

Same thing happened to me for the Spammers game this weekend - I just changed my flight from Sat to Sun - I think it was 20 quid?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Nearer the time I'd also suggest checking that the Stansted Express Train is running ok. On Sundays they sometimes do engineering works on that line although I think you'll be alright.

Heres a story from my last visit for the Carling Cup. We were heading back to Dublin on the Tuesday morning after. Decided we'd travel to Stansted early and have a few beers and a bite to eat.
    Arrived at Tottenham Hale to catch Stansted Express to be told someone had jumped in front of a train enroute to Stansted. The trains were only running to Broxbourne and it was the slow train, which stops at every station. From Broxbourne there was a bus service ferrying passengers to Stansted.
    Total journey took about 2 hours when it should only be 35 minutes from Tottenham Hale to Stansted. Lucky we had given ourselves plenty of time otherwise we could have missed the flight. Had to go straight to the gate, so no food or beers until we got home.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

20/30 mins WHL to Tottenham Hale
    30 mins Tottehnam Hale to Airport
    Trains every 15 mins (if normal service is running)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

if i'm doing one day trips i fly to stanstead and rent a car and drive to and from the ground. has always worked for me. I'm in london the weekend of april 12th but think (hope/know) it will be on april 13th which clashes with the london marathon so i have to settle for a put of championship action... charlton vs southampton... its that or chelsea wigan!! :p

Advertisement