Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some assistance from any female gamers on here...

Options
  • 05-03-2008 3:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently in the middle of a college project, and I've chosen to analyse the recent Nintendo DS 'Games for Girls' advertisement. As part of this I am creating a questionnaire, and am going to analyse responses from female gamers and non-gamers. Unfortunately, none of my acquaintances actually play games, so I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to help. Questionnaire will only take around 15 minutes to fill out, and will simply involve watching the advertisement and giving some feedback.

If anyone is willing to help, drop me a PM and I'll send on the details. It'll be anonymous, and you'd really be helping me out. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Sure, I'll help out. I'm not sure when I'd get round to it though, when would you need them back by?

Are you looking for responses from girls in a particular age bracket? I'll see if I can get some others to help out too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No rush: just to have it done within the next week or two. I'm looking for around 6 or 7 respondents, so if you can get one or two more that would be great :) No particular age bracket, either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'll help out too, no problem.

I can probably get about 4 more gamer wimminz?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Worst chat up technique ever! (but then again, it seems to have worked on some. interesting...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

If you want a wider opinion then I can ask my GF (semi-gamer) and sister (probably the target audience of these ads, into everything pink and Simish) to put forth their thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Dont forget to email all your pics !!

j/k

Seriously tho, I hate all the "games for girls" ****e.

You cant tell girls what games to play. Let everyone develop their own taste. Like music movies and books.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thanks for the responses, guys. Questionairre will be done in a day or two so I'll PM it to ye then. Silverfish, if you could get a few more that'd be cool as well, cheers.
    If you want a wider opinion then I can ask my GF (semi-gamer) and sister (probably the target audience of these ads, into everything pink and Simish) to put forth their thoughts.

I'm actually going to be interviewing some more casual gamers myself as I actually know some of them, but cheers for the offer.
    KoKane wrote: »

Seriously tho, I hate all the "games for girls" ****e.

You cant tell girls what games to play. Let everyone develop their own taste. Like music movies and books.

Yeah it is a really dodgy ad. Lots of eyebrow raising stuff going on in it. Plenty to write about though, hence this project ;)

Hey if there would be another 2 or 3 willing to help out with this it would be much appreciated - a few more response would be great. Let me know and I'll PM you the questionaire. And thanks to everyone who has helped already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I'll help if needs be.

Attol wrote: »
    I'll help if needs be.

Thanks! Will PM you the questionnaire now.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

I'll take part! Though all I really play is Battlefield 2....and sometimes Trauma Center on the DS...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

My mom plays Frecell... ?
    :p

Advertisement