Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prem league Darts

Options
  • 05-03-2008 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Fancy a nice treble in the darts on Thursday night.

Wade to beat Mardle 1/3
    Lewis to beat Part 8/13
    Jenkins to beat Manley 8/13

Just over 2/1 on the treble but it's the most clearcut treble of the league this year.

I also fancy Barney to beat Taylor @ 11/8 but the draw is 4/1 which is always a nice bet.

Get on any bet for Wade to beat Mardle, most 180's, highest checkout, etc, first leg winning double colour will be red. Wade always take d20 or d10 out while Mardle usually goes for 18s. Get about 4/5 on the first double colour.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Excuse my stupidity but is Part gone that bad???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Part is travelling from Canada every week and is arriving only on the day of the matches, he was shockin last week and lost in the early round of an off tv tourney at the wkend. Part has never been much use over the short format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Part is travelling from Canada every week and is arriving only on the day of the matches, he was shockin last week and lost in the early round of an off tv tourney at the wkend. Part has never been much use over the short format.

Wade and Jenkins are bankers imo but Lewis is too short for me…..He can play some brilliant darts but he almost choked against Mardle and did last week against Manley! Part did get hammered last week but Jenkins is the form player over the last 2/3 weeks. He beat Taylor and Barney the two weeks before that! Plus Part stuck around the weekend, so I doubt if he will be travelling back/forth to Canada this week. I think Lewis will probably win but I’ll be laying him at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

lolkelly wrote: »
    Wade and Jenkins are bankers imo but Lewis is too short for me…..He can play some brilliant darts but he almost choked against Mardle and did last week against Manley! Part did get hammered last week but Jenkins is the form player over the last 2/3 weeks. He beat Taylor and Barney the two weeks before that! Plus Part stuck around the weekend, so I doubt if he will be travelling back/forth to Canada this week. I think Lewis will probably win but I’ll be laying him at that price.

Agreed re Lewis. Cost me a nice treble last week. Was leading 6-3 at one stage and only drew.

He cost me last week as well as I backed Manley at 2/1. Lewis normally starts very well and Part doesn't. I'd still fancy him in a best of 16 legs sprint against Part but agree it's a tight price. Jenkins and Wade double is prob about even money so not a bad bet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Wouldn't bet against Manley, fancy that game to be really close.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

defo wudnt bet against manley he is back to his best and every player in the league will struggle to beat him now he is back to his best i can see this been a draw

Jenkins has beaten Taylor, Barney and Part in the past 3 weeks, thats 3 world champions. The man is on form, Manley should have been beaten 8-3 last week only Lewis let him in. I'm sticking with my original pick, think I'll back the draw with Taylor and Barney @ 4/1 - good value. You'll always get around 4/1 or 9/2 on a draw in the prem league, pretty good considering a lot of the games are tight.

3 world champs, 1 has new darts and not in form, another jets in from canada and not doing well and the other not in form at all.

I can see Manley winning this game.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    3 world champs, 1 has new darts and not in form, another jets in from canada and not doing well and the other not in form at all.

I can see Manley winning this game.

Manley had one brilliant week against Taylor where he threw over 100 average!! Last week he was shocking against Lewis and only got the draw because Lewis choked! He also drew aganist Mardle who is the worst player in the competition and in that game he only missed one dart at a double! This shows that he doesnt score heavily enough...Hes a great finisher but cant get in position often enough to break throw.

Jenkins was on fire for all of last season (apart from the Worlds) and would clean the floor with Manley with that kind of form....I think hes back to this form as well over the last 2/3 weeks.

• Advertisement

i think manley proved a few of ye wrong he is back to his best weather ye wanna believe it or not so i wouldnt go backing against him in the near future.. great value in the draw wen he is playin

Would have made a few quid sticking money on all the games to be draws.

Knew Manley wouldn't go down without a fight, pity he can't score as heavily as others that 60, 60 in the last leg sealed the draw.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Would have made a few quid sticking money on all the games to be draws.

Knew Manley wouldn't go down without a fight, pity he can't score as heavily as others that 60, 60 in the last leg sealed the draw.

Jenkins threw away the match imo. 6-4 up with 4 darts to go 7-4 and he choked.

Very surprised with the Mardle result against Wade, and Taylor was simply awesome! I wish i took the 4/1 about him winning it outright a few weeks back! With the form that he showed last night, nobody can live with him

yeah once I saw that 7-7 with Wade and Mardle I thought this is going to be an odd night. Part obviously didn't travel this week and played some darts with over 70% checkout at one stage. Terry played very well in the last leg to get a draw against the throw. Taylor on that form is unstoppable altho Barney looked very out of sorts - far too many fives.

Joeyjj made a good point about backing draws in the prem league. You could put a 10r on each match as a draw last night - total stake - 40euro. Even if there was only one draw at the shortest price(4/1) you'd still be up a tenner. As things turned out with 2 draws at 5/1 and 9/2 respectively you'd be up around a ton.

Hopefully better luck on the rugby and Cheltenham next week.

great preformances last night hope the rest of the matches are as good.. fair play to everyone of them throwing under so much pressure pure quality there is rarely a banker any more as all are playing great stuff the only way to pick winners is wit little hints like wen we found out last night lewis had the flu which obviously was a big disadvantage and hearing that taylor was averaging 107 in a tourni during the week ment he was back to his best

Advertisement