Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pothole

Options
  • 05-03-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Is there an e-mail address to use when you need to inform Dublin City Council of a particularly dangerous pothole?

There's one at the junction of South Great Georges Street/Aungier Street and Stephen's Street Lower which is appalling. After a heavy rain, someone could easily think it was just a puddle and try cycling through it. I doubt they'd emerge on the other side...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Dublin City Council
    Civic Offices
    Wood Quay
    Dublin 8

Tel: (01) 222 2222
    8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Email
    customerservices@dublincity.ie

Public office "One Stop Shop"
    9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

take a photo and send it your local councillor also. that might help push the process along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

tell them you nearly injured yourself when your bike went into the pothole, then they'll fix it quick smart... worked for me a while back. Well someone else contacted them on my behalf but still!

• Advertisement

Follow-up on this: I mailed DCC and got a reply from a clerical officer the next day. She said she'd pass my mail on to the Area Inspector.

Watch this space for updates...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭markpb

Thats a standard mail from DCC Roads, I'd be shocked if anything came out of it unless you have a very enthused area inspector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

That pothole is amazing. Normally I avoid Georges st. like the plague, but I've had to dodge that pothole about 20 times this week.

Follow-up on this, folks: when I cycled to work yesterday i.e. less than a week after mailing DCC, the pothole had been repaired. I'm not saying it's the best repair job I've ever seen but the surface is a hell of a lot better now than it was.

Just goes to show: writing to DCC can make a difference.

(And no, I don't work for them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Good stuff, most people piss and moan that things never get done.....but these people never make a complaint. Glad you got your pothole fixed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement