Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exchange?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 5:38pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

If I wanted to find out what exchange my phone line/broadband comes through, is there a simple way to do this? Is ringing Eircom the easiest way to do this? I assume this is the right forum to ask this fairly dumb question. If not, apologies.

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

5starpool wrote: »
    If I wanted to find out what exchange my phone line/broadband comes through, is there a simple way to do this? Is ringing Eircom the easiest way to do this? I assume this is the right forum to ask this fairly dumb question. If not, apologies.

It may appear to come from a DSL enabled exchange but ACTUALLY come from an RSU ( remote unit) which is a cabinet by the roadside which is not enabled.

This is what happened to people in Furbo Co Galway a few years back. Line checkers like the Smart Telecom one show they are still on the Barna exchange which has DSL . They are in fact long gone.

If you pm me the std code and the first 4 digits after that I may be able to find out.

eg 01- 623-3xxx

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

PM sent.

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its not a very big exchnage, in fact its a cabinet on the side of a road somewhere.

Advertisement