Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadgets to get in Japan?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    going to Japan in 2 weeks. Looking for suggestions of gadgets to get there. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Can't think of anything in particular - just give yourself a few hours in Akihabara to drool over all things electronic.
    If you're buying anything big, see if they do it in an export model.
    And bring your passport so you can avoid their VAT. it's only a few percent but why not.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

get a Canon HG10 HD camcorder - just got one and they are fantastic.

Blu-ray player ? or a BR drive for your pc.?

K

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Have the same dilema.

At the moment I have bought;

Canon Kiss Digital (400D) DSLR
    Canon ixy20is - small point and shoot job
    PS3 and a few games
    ibook and itouch (from the apple store so got the US keyboard)

Looking to get a nice BOSE headphones. Tried them out in BicCamera and they were amazing, couldn't hear any noise once they were on - would compiment the itouch me thinks :)

After that I've no idea what I'm going to buy. Would love a robot with some sort of USB functionality that perhaps sychs with my pc/fridge for no valid reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

sprinkles wrote: »
    Have the same dilema.

At the moment I have bought;

Canon Kiss Digital (400D) DSLR
    Canon ixy20is - small point and shoot job
    PS3 and a few games
    ibook and itouch (from the apple store so got the US keyboard)

Looking to get a nice BOSE headphones. Tried them out in BicCamera and they were amazing, couldn't hear any noise once they were on - would compiment the itouch me thinks :)

After that I've no idea what I'm going to buy. Would love a robot with some sort of USB functionality that perhaps sychs with my pc/fridge for no valid reason

go for a set of shnnesier hd 555 there the bomb or if you got more money go for the more exp 1's !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

ended up not getting any - foolishly held back from maxing the credit card :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement