Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Investigating details of my parents?

• 05-03-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

From reading a few of the threads my situation is slightly different from the majority.
    Both of my parents passed away before I was 4 years old. I was adopted by my mother's friend and have had a happy and supportive childhood. I'm also still in contact with by biological family and we're very close.
    The problem is that my father's side of the family don't know a lot about my mother and vice versa. My step parents only knew my mother and met my dad once or twice I find this really unusual as they were apparently married but I have no pictures of that day or of any of them together.
    I'm feeling slightly suspicious as I have been lied to/had stuff hidden from me regarding their past so now I don't know what to think.

Is there anyway of me looking up their marriage certificate just for proof?
    My mother requested that I change my maiden name before she died and then I had to change my second name to that of my step-parents so I just have an adoption certificate instead of a birth. If I did a search for my birth certificate using my original name could I obtain my birth certificate?

I know I may be jumping to all sorts of conclusions but I feel I really need to make an attempt at something purely to put my mind at ease. If I don't do it now I'll never do it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

You can apply for both here:

http://www.groireland.ie

If you are uncertain then I think you should - if you are wrong you can put it behind you and if not then you can deal with it. At the moment you seem to be in limbo and that is not good.

Good luck in whatever your decision is and let us know how you get on.

MM

Advertisement