Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scorpio Pads

Options
  • 05-03-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I volunteered to hellp a mate change the rear pads on his old scorpio- tbh, I've never changed pads before but I know hte theory.

Any reason to believe it's unusally difficult in these cars?

Anyone have aminute to give me a rundown of what's involved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Pretty sure once you take off the caliper there's a special tool to wind back the piston, you might get away with a right angle long nose pliers and wind them in but remember, you're at the brakes of someones car, be sure of what you're doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Yes your right dannybuoy.
    Also OP are you sure your not getting mixed up between shoes and pads. Shoes for drums, pads for disks. Different ball game between the two. If its disks at the back you maze well bring it to a garage.
    Off topic a bit but the VW passets with electric handbrake require the use of the diagnostics computer to spin the electric motor in order to wind back the piston.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Plug wrote: »
    Off topic a bit but the VW passets with electric handbrake require the use of the diagnostics computer to spin the electric motor in order to wind back the piston.

Thats interesting, Just ordered an audi with that system so no more pad changes for me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

mickdw wrote: »
    Thats interesting, Just ordered an audi with that system so no more pad changes for me then.
    We found out the hard way:D

Advertisement