Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday evening/Monday - Very Severe Storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Getting very windy in Waterford City, gusts are getting more intense. Raining heavy but not torrential yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wind increasing here with strong gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

just had a gust of 50 mph. pressure remains at 967 hpa.

the rain is very heavy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Don't have all your fancy information to post. lol All I can say is the wind is certainly picking up here now. (Near Dublin Airport) In for a noisy night I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The winds will be very strong for the next 5 hours or so but should slacken there after to almost calm for a while. Likely to be over 30mm of rain tonight and snow could fall in one or two spots aswell. A high risk that some of the showers which follow will be thunderstorms.

Very windy here now - gust 40mph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

erm....

s/se light

almost dry

pressure steady

4.9c

anyone interested in buying candles/bottled water/some delicious canned food/and a whistle please contact me .

kerry1960 wrote: »
    erm....

s/se light

almost dry

pressure steady

4.9c

anyone interested in buying candles/bottled water/some delicious canned food/and a whistle please contact me .

edit to above : dry and flat calm , not a puff.....

Tuesday night looks like it could be the big one.

widespread 80mph gusts possible :eek:

Rtavn541.png

Back to tonight and things are certainly picking up here.

Storm is intensifying sliding SSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

calmed down here now, both wind & rain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wow WC that looks bad.
    Not much happening here at the moment highest gust was 31mph a good 2 hours ago now a bit of rain. Pressure falling fast at 4.7mb/hr, currently 972.mb not long til the station record of 969.2mb in Nov 06 goes.

• Advertisement

this weather system seems to have completely died on it's feet round here , the low center is still off the NW coast , what's happening........anyone

this weather system seems to have completely died on it's feet round here , the low center is still off the NW coast , what's happening........anyone

Wrong thread but anyway. Winds will be clmer there for the rest of tonight with the worst on the East coast they won't really get going where you are until around midday tomorrow but then they'll get going alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

No equipment or technical data folks, but high winds and rain here in Naas, Co. Kildare. Gusts of no more than 50mph at the mo. (guesstimate from experience) If its calm out west (Kerry and Limerick) is the eye settling over us soon?

Exactly what was supposed to happen,

After the passage of the front the winds were expected to ease with you.

But will increase again in around 3 hours and steadily from then on if the low tracks to your north.

As the front gets better organised and structured the winds around the front are expected to be stronger along the east coast than those that effected you on the same front.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

Press at 961 and falling, temp has increase slightly to 5.9 and dw increased to -2.0. Wind increasing to gust of 33mph from the S SE. Rain has eased off.

Regs
    Liam

Looks stunning on the sat animation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mothman wrote: »
    10pm
    Belmullet 961 hPa

Valentia 9mm past hour.

Roches Point 44 Gust 57Kts

11pm
    Belmullet 959 hPa

Cork AP 6.6mm past hour
    Roches Point 45 Gust 60Kts

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

960mb here now

ROCHES POINT(A) S 45 Gust 60

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Is the front dying out as it crosses the country? Latest ME radar is showing just light precip around the East coast. What a time for the Shannon radar to die though!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Tuesday night looks like it could be the big one.

widespread 80mph gusts possible :eek:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oberon

Have been reading these weather forums lots over the past few months - great stuff! Like DWCommuter got no decent equipment with me, but by jeebus we're getting a hammering down here. Have been in Cobh for 4 years and this is the worst storm so far. And its going to get worse? Ouch!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

wow didn't realise boards had such a crazily accurate and informed weather crew.

oberon wrote: »
    Have been reading these weather forums lots over the past few months - great stuff! Like DWCommuter got no decent equipment with me, but by jeebus we're getting a hammering down here. Have been in Cobh for 4 years and this is the worst storm so far. And its going to get worse? Ouch!

You just wait for tomorrow morning, your computer will probably end up on the East coast!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

oberon wrote: »

Wish I was there. Its not that exciting in Kildare, but wild enough. Usually do transport but love extreme weather and must get the gear out again. Kudos to the regular guys running the show here. Keep it coming lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

2300 hrs
    Belmullet 959 hPa

Roches Point 45 knots Gust 60

My record low barometer is soon to break methinks.
    Frequent gusts in the mid 30's now at 6ft off the ground out there.
    Heavy rain,that I can see falling but the aws will not record a high rain rate in that wind,it's too exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

frikin Shannon radar gone down - 959mb here now. very gusty still. trees reported down too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Still seeing 0.2mb drops in some cases in the space of a minute. Wind is strong but nothing major either. There was a Sunday night storm in January that was far more impressive than conditions currently here. It will get worse though but I'm getting runs of strong gusts and then lighter interludes. The runs of gusts are impressive for being sustained quite a while I will say.

• Advertisement

Well the 18z UKM pushes the severe core of winds actually off the south coast of Ireland..

Worst winds really are actually likely along East coast in coming 3 hours!

Although violent winds are likely to affect the far southern coasts.

I think the saving grace for the forecasters will be the intensity of the storm on Tuesday night which may be reported as if it was this system!!

Still a vicious system approaching and the pressures going to get very low and it will be interesting looking up into a huge vortex.

But it looks like were gonna escape the severe winds.

Advertisement