Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software to bring a music track down a tone or semitone?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    Is there any software out there, that can lower the pitch of an mp3 without affecting the tempo of it.

Basically I'm doing a few backing tracks for someone, and they've bought a few of them online already. The ones they bought are in the wrong key, so i need to lower two of them by a tone, so I need to run it through a program to lower its key without affecting it in any other way.

Does such a program exist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Actually, I just found this after a google search and its shareware so free baby!

http://www.programurl.com/transposer.htm

Hopefully it will work...must try it later when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Lots of ways to do it. Pitch and Time gets good word of mouth: http://www.serato.com/products/

hmmm I was kind of hoping that it would be free actually. Is there any that you can think of that are free?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Hi,
    if you upload a zip of the mp3s to megaupload or something I will pitch them for you.
    It will only take a couple of minutes and I will reupload them for you. Just put a notepad in the zip with what you need done. I will do this as a favour for you.
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I use Ableton Live , 7 has a very good pitch and temp changer.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    if you upload a zip of the mp3s to megaupload or something I will pitch them for you.
    It will only take a couple of minutes and I will reupload them for you. Just put a notepad in the zip with what you need done. I will do this as a favour for you.
    Michael

hi that would be great thanks. il be getting them later tonight so I'll try and do it then :)

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I use Ableton Live , 7 has a very good pitch and temp changer.

oh! I have that...where is the pitch/tempo changer in it?

Just drop your MP3 onto an Audio Track.
    The program then draws the waveform.
    Then click on the area to the right of centre at the very bottom that's the small version of the waveform.

That should open a larger version of the waveform to the left of which is Pitch Tempo box.

Do your thing Pitch wise then, in the File menu on the top bar, click 'Export Audio'

You can then save a Pichchanged version of your track in most formats including MP3.

Bingo!

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Just drop your MP3 onto an Audio Track.
    The program then draws the waveform.
    Then click on the area to the right of centre at the very bottom that's the small version of the waveform.

That should open a larger version of the waveform to the left of which is Pitch Tempo box.

Do your thing Pitch wise then, in the File menu on the top bar, click 'Export Audio'

You can then save a Pichchanged version of your track in most formats including MP3.

Bingo!

hell yes!
    now that is the shizzle...

Thanks for the advice everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Hi,
    Michael

;)

• Advertisement

frobisher wrote: »
    ;)

I think this thread proves that professional sound engineers and audio dealers etc. can definitively help out here and are more than welcome :)

I think this thread proves that professional sound engineers and audio dealers etc. can definitively help out here and are more than welcome :)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Word.

Stop will ya, I'm scarlet......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

btw, if you are doing this in Live make sure your warping mode is in Complex. Beats, tones, and the other algorithms don't sound too great on an mp3 track.

Advertisement