Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuff white people like: soccer

• 05-03-2008 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Here's a great blog with a new angle on football fans...
    the main reason white people like soccer is so they can buy a new scarf. As you may or may not know, many soccer teams issue special scarves, and white people cannot get enough of them!

Most white people choose a favorite soccer team based on either a study abroad experience or a particularly long vacation to Europe or South America. When they return, they like to tell their friends about how great “football” is and that they are committed to ‘getting more into’ now that they have returned home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

If that was about black people, there'd be outrage to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Some of its pretty good stuff to be fair. Also its more about American white people than European white people, and there is a big difference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PHB wrote: »
    Some of its pretty good stuff to be fair. Also its more about American white people than European white people, and there is a big difference :)

yeah, we're awsome. And they're...well... George Gillette and Tom Hicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i own one scarf, does that mean im asian :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Am I the only one who thought that was way off the mark, not even even remotely funny, even though it desperately tried to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well out of the people who posted here anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Am I the only one who thought that was way off the mark, not even even remotely funny, even though it desperately tried to be.
    So far, that would seem to be the case.
    Maybe you just have a white person's sense of humour. :eek:
    (That last bit is a joke).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

This is my favourite repsonse, you can almost hear the whiney American accent

"Hahaha, so damn true. I have so many friends who say they love Manchester United ONLY after visiting London for the semester abroad."

Good god:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Black people like trendy runners, hense they love basketball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

put white men cant jump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Pigman II wrote: »
    Black people like trendy runners, hense they love basketball.

but still the vast majority of a crowd watching an nba game is white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,429 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rossie1977 wrote: »
    but still the vast majority of a crowd watching an nba game is white.
    cause they got no game.
    [Crappy_Comedian]
    White people play basket ball like this, black people play basket ball like THIS
    [/Crappy_Comedian]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

yeah, you whities suck :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm not white - I'm Irish.

Advertisement