Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How feasible is a BMW M3

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Both the manual and SMG boxes in the m3 both use the LT (lifetime) fluid and both have the sticker that says "lifetime oil, no oil change".
    Same goes for the diff.

In the US, when BMW changed over to free included servicing, it's funny how the need to change these oils were dropped as a requirment!

So if the customer is paying, it's necessary, when BMW pays, it's not.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Actually guys on that note... One of my mates bought a 2004 318ci a few months ago. One of the main dealers wanted €1000 for a basic service. We found this guy who used to be one of the main mechanics in this Main BMW dealer, but has since moved down to Cork to do his own thing. Anyway, he comes up to Dublin every few weeks and does nixers (uses a ramp in his mates dealers at the weekend) and does a realyl fantastic job for a FRACTION of the price - very nice guy and great service.

I'll try to get his phone number if anyone wants it pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

kdevitt wrote: »
    Its uncanny how my Inspection II quote on my M3 is €650 from another Dublin BMW Dealer!

jesus that sounds good ken, where from?

hardly sounds right given the price of the oils:
    Engine, gearbox and diff (new diff oil with fm booster is 80 quid or so) and then spark plugs aswell?

Are you going to get them to do the valve adjustment? apparently its big bucks.

Advertisement