Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is cycling unbalancing my quads/hamstrings?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hey there guys.

I've been cycling to college every day for a couple of years now. I also cycle out to Santry on Sundays for American football, so if you've ever seen a mad ejit haring down O'Connell street in football pads, t'was almost certainly me. I hate just piddling along (and I'm usually late!), and go at a fair lick (Trinity Hall, Rathmines to Santry in 20-25 mins). I usually get a bit of a burn going, but I only ever feel it in my quads. Am I "unbalancing" the quad hamstring ratio, or is cycling dealing with my hammies too?

Thanks, Hal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If I was playing American football, getting injured from cycling is the last thing I'd be worried about :eek:

Sorry, that's an unhelpful post, just my 2c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

The cycling doesnt give a full stretch on the hammy, used to have problem playing rugby when my hammy would feel it if training the day after a long cycle.

Advertisement