Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw the other night.,,

• 05-03-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

So then anyone watch this the other night? The highlights for me was the return of the highlight reel with Y2J and Jeff ass a guest, Jeff’s twist of faith at the end was totally unexpected but actually got some heel heat from the fans! Cade and Murdoch were squashed yet again in a a match which lasted than 4 minutes against HBK and Flair, which was depressing. Umagas squash of Super crazy was funny though. The two main events were decent, Kennedy and Cena put on a ok match although it was obvious as heel that Superman would win. The main match between Orton and HHH was watchable enough with Orton’s RKO on Cena who got booed yet again an obvious highlight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I really, REALLY, hope they don't play this off as a fully fledged heel turn for Jeff, that would be so stupid given how over he has been lately. Hopefully they play it off next week as a "every man for himself" thing and leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its a three hour show next week with matches from previous Manias from all brands I know I am not the only one hoping for a Y2J v HBK rematch Orton is in charge so I assume we will see HHH v Taker and Cena v Show. Also how on earth did this banner get past security/:eek:
    benoitbiologicaldadsignli0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its a three hour show next week with matches from previous Manias from all brands I know I am not the only one hoping for a Y2J v HBK rematch Orton is in charge so I assume we will see HHH v Taker and Cena v Show.

I read something on the Wrestling Observer site mentioning how limited that show could be:
    They announced that next week will be a three-hour, three-brand WrestleMania Rewind Night, where every match will be a WrestleMania rematch. Given roster turnover and deaths, that would mean Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Mr. Kennedy, Finlay, Carlito, Santino, CM Punk, Big Daddy V, MVP, John Morrison, the Miz, Chavo Guerrero and many more can’t wrestle. Randy Orton will have to wrestle Undertaker or not wrestle (so HHH will probably be in charge), and JBL and Big Show can only wrestle Cena.

I guess we'll see!
    Also how on earth did this banner get past security/:eek:

I'd say he just wrote it on the back of a sign when he was already in

Nah Orton is in charge so he will probably have the night free..

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/6397420/mobileattexclusive
    At the beginning of Raw Monday night, GM William Regal, ever mindful of the explosive situation among the three Superstars headlining WrestleMania, decided to make John Cena, Triple H and WWE Champion Randy Orton in charge of each other’s fates over the next three weeks in a Triple Threat Takeover. Cena was put in charge first and used his random selection to pit The Game and Orton against each other in a hotly-contested battle.

After Raw, WWE Mobile on AT&T captured exclusive video of a conversation William Regal had with Orton, where the GM informed the Legend Killer that he would be in charge in next week's Triple Threat Takeover on Raw. It seems Orton will have a lot to work with - next Monday, Raw will be a three-hour special "WrestleMania Rewind" event where all the matches are rematches of past WrestleManias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Anyone notice Maria's completely ridiculous personality change tonight? One minute ditzy, subserviant bimbo, next strong girl power who can actually talk without sounding like a 3 year old. I cant stand her. It's really starting to wreck my head how clueless the divas are to the business.

• Advertisement

forbesii wrote: »
    Anyone notice Maria's completely ridiculous personality change tonight? One minute ditzy, subserviant bimbo, next strong girl power who can actually talk without sounding like a 3 year old. I cant stand her. It's really starting to wreck my head how clueless the divas are to the business.

She's acted like that before, usually backstage I think. And when they did that video of her and Ashley at the Playboy mansion recently

Its inconsistent then. They may as well give her a schitzophrenic gimmick. Also did anyone else think that the Big Show/Mayweather confrontation was pre-recorded (on Mayweathers end) and Big Show was talking between Mayweathers gaps? If not it was so badly done and mistimed. And to keep on complaining- Mayweather is so bad at promos its ridiculous, I really thought him being a cocky boxer would lend itself to excellent promos. Its seems all he could say was, "last time I broke his nose, now I'm going to break his jaw!" and whats with MME Mayweather Money Entertainment? That not at all witty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

forbesii wrote: »
    Its inconsistent then. They may as well give her a schitzophrenic gimmick. Also did anyone else think that the Big Show/Mayweather confrontation was pre-recorded (on Mayweathers end) and Big Show was talking between Mayweathers gaps? If not it was so badly done and mistimed. And to keep on complaining- Mayweather is so bad at promos its ridiculous, I really thought him being a cocky boxer would lend itself to excellent promos. Its seems all he could say was, "last time I broke his nose, now I'm going to break his jaw!" and whats with MME Mayweather Money Entertainment? That not at all witty.

From what I've seen from his boxing promos he makes a fantastic heel but on the WWE he's not a great face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Jeff Hardy is the most over guy in WWE right now i don't think a heel turn is right for him. I'm glad the highlight reel is back.

Yes i agree Maria's personality totally changed as did the way she speaks maybe that what happens when you pose for Playboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

, Kennedy and Cena put on a ok match although it was obvious as heel that Superman would win.

i think kennedy put on an ok match, cena was a pity as usual. kennedy was carrying the match and me and my buddy actually turned to each other and said cena will use 4 moves and win this....when WHAM two clothelines, a fameasser off the toprope and stfu (weakest looking submission since EVER!!) then for the win!! :mad: rubbish.

i wonder is he proud of himself?? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

is any1 else annoyed about the finlay/mcmahon/jbl thing? its headwreckin, and jbl is the most useless f*cker in the wwe.

is any1 else annoyed about the finlay/mcmahon/jbl thing? its headwreckin, and jbl is the most useless f*cker in the wwe.

Did Finlay and Vince not have a deal a few weeks ago? Also why does Vince not care which family member is trying to screw him??:confused:
    Lance Storm on the whole mess
    What possible explination can be given for a baby face Finlay to lie to his son (who he loves) and conspire with the McMahon family to make Vince (and Hornswaggle) believe Hornswaggle was Vince's Bastard Son? In doing so he subjected his son Hornswaggle to a ton of physical and mental anguish, with no appearant up side to ANYONE. On top of this we have the yet unexplained secret Deal between Vince and Finlay.
    - My idea to salvage this angle is to book Finlay and JBL in an "Explinations on a POLE match" at Mania. We could have 4 poles with an different explination for this angle hanging from each pole and who ever retrieves the first explination from a pole wins and we will read that explination and go with that.
    - My proposed explinations are as follows:
    1. We were kind of hoping you'd have forgot about all that other stuff by now.
    2. I'm Vince McMahon, I don't have to explain myself to you!
    3. We've hired Vince Russo back, sorry.
    4. We are sorry but our Wellness Policy does not apply to the Creative Team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

1. We were kind of hoping you'd have forgot about all that other stuff by now.
    2. I'm Vince McMahon, I don't have to explain myself to you!
    3. We've hired Vince Russo back, sorry.
    4. We are sorry but our Wellness Policy does not apply to the Creative Team.

lol, yeah this reeks of russo allright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Number 4 is funnier.

TOPDAWG wrote: »
    i think kennedy put on an ok match, cena was a pity as usual. kennedy was carrying the match and me and my buddy actually turned to each other and said cena will use 4 moves and win this....when WHAM two clothelines, a fameasser off the toprope and stfu (weakest looking submission since EVER!!) then for the win!! :mad: rubbish.

Kennedy carrying Cena? I've got to see this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

explanations on a pole match :D hopefully we'll see less of hornsh1ttle now that he's no longer Vince's son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Fozzy wrote: »
    Kennedy carrying Cena? I've got to see this

http://www.skysports.com/tv_guide/0,19953,11061_09-03-08,00.html

Well tune in here sir.

Kennedy didnt "carry" Cena. I hate that phrase carry. Cena contributed as much to the match as Kennedy did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

TOPDAWG wrote: »

Kennedy carrying Cena is funny.

As for the "4 moves" rubbish, thats even funnier. How many "moovez" did Flair, the greatest ever use in a standard comeback? Bret Hart's comeback was a set sequence of moves that was predictable as hell, it doesn't make him a bad worker! Even HBK does the same schtik night after night and he hasn't exactly turned out too bad has he.

Do you even like wrestling?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Have to agree with flahavaj, look at the rock, not many moves at all, but he got some good matches with wrestlers of a similar standard. Im not the biggest Cena fan but i have to say he is getting progressively better year after year. id like him to turn heel soon though, it wont happen but id like it

• Advertisement
Advertisement