Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbetweenies

Options
  • 05-03-2008 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Had a laugh last weekend playing this game, and was wondering can you play it online..

Each player is dealt 2 cards face down. Taking it in turns, each player turns their cards over. The player bets a certain quantity of cash on whether they think the next card turned over from the pack will have a value between the two cards they have in front of them.

All bets gather in the pot and soon, someone either wins or gets nailed.

Cards are left turned up on the table until everyone has had one turn each. The whole deck is then re-shuffled.

Aces are low in this game.

Didn't explain it that well, but if anyone knows this game is it available online? And is it called by another name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Sounds kinda like that hi-lo game on paddy power.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

This is a very dangerous game, it is barred from many pubs cos it just starts rows.

I love the game but it can get messy at the end when people are out and the large pot remains. People who were knocked out of the game looking for a slice of the remaining pot!!!

We played a game one night, it was all friendly with 20c bets at the start, within 20 minutes there was €100 in the pot and people were being cleared out on ACE-Low & Kings etc.

Great game though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

We played this sort of game on the way to a football tournament up the north. Basically everyone throws in 20c at the start to be dealt two cards. You could choose to throw in your cards if say ya got a 3 and a 6 or something close. You could only call inbetween. If you hit the post (hit one of your same cards) or a higher or lower card you lost. You can bet to win whatever you want with the pot total being the maximum. So if there was €20 in the pot you could bet up to €20.. if you lose your money is in the pot.

At one stage it was up to €15 in 20 cents. The amount of times people hit the post was not even funny. It's called Acey-Deucy isn't it or maybe I'm wrong?

A story I heard about this was a mate of mine who was on hols over in Spain, they started playing and everybody was getting cleaned out. The pot stood at somewhere over a grand and it was the barmans turn.. he got dealt a Queen and a 2. He hadn't enough cash on him at the time so he asked punters around the bar to loan him the amount that was in the pot. After gathering it up he called inbetween.. and got dealt a 2 meaning he hit the post.

In the end, my mate got the last two cards and won the pot which was well over 2k but gave the money back to the barman that he had lost because the people were absolutely ripping. He was so thankful that they and their friends got free drink for the night and even left them to pull their own pints late on. Up a grand and free drink for the night.. he was happy out. Karma he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Do you keep the same 2 cards for each turn, ie until someone wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Forky wrote: »
    Do you keep the same 2 cards for each turn, ie until someone wins?

No once its gone all the way around the cards are shuffled again and everyone gets new cards. Well at least the way we play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    This is a very dangerous game, it is barred from many pubs cos it just starts rows.

I love the game but it can get messy at the end when people are out and the large pot remains. People who were knocked out of the game looking for a slice of the remaining pot!!!

We played a game one night, it was all friendly with 20c bets at the start, within 20 minutes there was €100 in the pot and people were being cleared out on ACE-Low & Kings etc.

Great game though!!!

+1

Its a game that starts out innocently enough but quickly goes mental!

Advertisement