Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP! Audi A6 1.8T engine wanted

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi. I'm in serious trouble.. blow my engine :( i can't find anywhere in Ireland or Northern Irl. Rang all known car dismantlers and nothing..
    If You know something please..help
    Audi A6 1.8T Petrol (2000.year of manufacture) 5gear/manual

best regards.. Mike/Meath

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

If it's any help to you that engine is in the Golf GTI (mk 4), Seat Leon, A3, A4 A6, Passat, Octavia... so that broadens the options of searching. Also you should ring Traynors in Armagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You will need the engine type. I think there were a couple of different systems attached to the 1.8T. Its a 3 letter code like amu or abk, something like that. it will be on the car. Then try partsgateway.co.uk .... they search all uk breakers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 michael_d

engine code is APU
    what if I get engine in UK (delivery cost + risk of right engine) that's the problem..
    do you know what is the money back from insurance company if something happen with car :cool: lol

+++EDIT+++
    promblem-->problem

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

New user asking for advice and then suggesting insurance fraud , in a joking manner of course , but it looks ike a joke with an edge.

Check your spelling before hitting that "post" button btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 michael_d

The car i sold!! :p sold as seen.. I'm almost lucky:D
    Buyer said he will get cheap engine in his country.. So that's not my problem anymore ; )))))
    thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement