Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Utd,Pool,Arse, Chel. CL expectations poll

13»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal and Barcelona will draw each other in the quarter finals. It is going to happen.

You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That'd be a fun game to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Any of the english teams could win it but if United perform they could beat any of the remaining teams. Still up for grabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Arsenal and Barcelona will draw each other in the quarter finals.

Nil all draw. Both legs.

Both teams will be too busy **** over how beautiful the football is that they play ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Nil all draw. Both legs.

Both teams will be too busy **** over how beautiful the football is that they play ;)

Xavi v Cesc. It'd be a **** fest alright. Best save it for the final though.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Xavi v Cesc. It'd be a **** fest alright. Best save it for the final though.

In fairness, for the quality of football that was played that was the most enjoyable final in years.

In fairness, for the quality of football that was played that was the most enjoyable final in years.

Agreed. And to think that in that final Cesc played 74 mins while Xavi played 0 (he was just back from doing his cruciate). Imagine how good it'd be with them both on the pitch for the 90......

calm down Xavi ;)

calm down Xavi ;)

Relax, I'm nearly done....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I dont really care who United get at this point, you have to sack up and play the best to win the competition, obviously Id rather fernerbache than barca but I wouldnt be overly worried by anyone.

I do hope we get Liverpool next though, would love to see all the "ah but you havent played us in europe stuff put to bed".

Anyone who thinks pool are anything but a massive underdog against Utd at the moment in any competition must be smoking crack.

Yep, agree 100%. Liverpool would be big underdogs against UTD if they are paired together at any point in the competition.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Relax, I'm nearly done....

sickest thing i've ever read on these boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Media would go crazy if it was 4 Premierleague teams in semis! Would be great craic!
    sickest thing i've ever read on these boards!

you didnt read that PI about the dog 3 years ago so...

No but i wanna know what it said now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

After reading that everybody goes onto PI and looks for it! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

As a man u fan i don't care what team they face next, if you want to be realisitic contenders you should fear no one.

Bring it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Wouldn't be surprised if the biggest farce in football history, aka (cl final 2005) was repeated ...
    We have a block about getting past Liverpool in that competition.. we will never do it ..

EVER.

Liverpool could put out their worst B side, and we'd still lose.

I kinda wish *******ikos had beaten us .. better now in the 1/16 then against
    Liverpool again in the SFs .. or Barça .. worse for me living in Barcelona.

Em Jackdaw, chances of the CL final 2005 being repeated are zero considering AC are out!?

and i personally thought that was a great final! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Chin up, jackdaw :)

I fancy Chelsea to at least beat any of the non-PL teams in the QF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

United will draw either Arsenal or Chelsea

Liverpool/Inter will draw Schalke

Barca will draw Fenerbache

Roma will draw either Arsenal or Chelsea too

im leaning more toward United getting Chelsea in the QF and then having to face Arsenal in the SF after they dispatch Roma

the other 2 will get handy draws, and Fenerbache will pull a massive upset in Turkey to give Liverpool an easier passage to the final, where they will unavoidably be battered by either Arsenal or United (;))

Mystic Kry has spoken

• Advertisement

Im a pool fan and I wouldn't want to get United at any stage in the competition, the reason ? If we lost it would NEVER be forgotten, EVER! A win would be unreal and probably better then sex :D but I really wouldn't want to take the risk. I'd be ****eing myself watching the game lol. Call me a bottler, I dont care !

i could handle a loss to them in any round apart from the final.

they couldnt be that cocky about beating someone in the quarters for example, and they'd be easily put back in their place if they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

IF We get a United v Liverpool final.....

Life for the losing fans is over, All they will be able to do is watch football in private locked away in a dark room unable to make a sound or cheer a score just in case a rival fan may heard them, Gone with be the long boards threads or the endless drink filled debates down the local " of my team is better etc etc....." From the moment of the final whistle it will just take two little words REMEMBER 2008 to send the losing fans running back screaming to their dark little hiding hole.. ever to venture out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Everyone seems very confident that if united get Chelsea united will beat them!!!

I wouldn't be so _Smug_

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    IF We get a United v Liverpool final.....

Life for the losing fans is over, All they will be able to do is watch football in private locked away in a dark room unable to make a sound or cheer a score just in case a rival fan may heard them, Gone with be the long boards threads or the endless drink filled debates down the local " of my team is better etc etc....." From the moment of the final whistle it will just take two little words REMEMBER 2008 to send the losing fans running back screaming to their dark little hiding hole.. ever to venture out.

Couldn't agree more. This is what I would fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

personally, out of the other english teams we could draw Chelsea would be the one id least like to see, but i do see it happening, i think a full strength Chelsea team is much harder to beat then Liverpool or Arsenal, they are just so strong in all areas of the pitch, i am not cocky or over confident about beating them if we get them,i simply stated that i believe we have the ability to beat any of the remaining teams if we play to our strengths... i havent seen alot of cocky united fans here towards Chelsea in particular? or am i wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

A Liverpool and United final would be an amazing occassion but I don't know if my heart could cope with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's too much to risk to be honest, i would probably have a heart attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

PHB wrote: »
    It's too much to risk to be honest, i would probably have a heart attack

for me, i dont care who united play in the final. beating the scousers would be class,but winning is the main thing.the only advantage liverpool have at the moment is that their season is prettymuch over bar the champions league as they have nothin else to play for bar 4th place. that gives them an advantage over the 3 other english team. same happens evey year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

for me, i dont care who united play in the final. beating the scousers would be class,but winning is the main thing.the only advantage liverpool have at the moment is that their season is prettymuch over bar the champions league as they have nothin else to play for bar 4th place. that gives them an advantage over the 3 other english team. same happens every year.

I don't agree with that at all really. Last year yes but not this year. Just because we cant win the league doesn't mean we have nothing to play for or the league is over. It would be a catastrophe for Liverpool to finish outside the champions league places. Liverpool have to focus on every single remaining game to make damn sure they don't drop points that Everton or Villa will pick up. As far as the league and CL are concerned, the top 4 are in the same situation of needing to win every game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

To be honest, just the thought of a United - Liverpool final makes me tingle. It would definitely be the biggest match Ive ever seen, and probably the biggest match ever this side of Europe. I mean youv'e got arguably the two biggest sides in the world...it doesnt get any better. Obviously I say this as a Premier League fan but could you imagine the the build up, the nerves, and the glorious boasting rights for eternity? Bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I thought we were going to have it last year but they went and made a balls-up in Milan. If we got that final this year, id have to watch it at home in my room alone. There is no way i could watch it in my local for fear of us losing. I'd never be able to live it down. Would be some fúcking occasion though

As a gooner, the one I would fear the most is an Arsenal v Man Utd Final. No fear over Pool and Chelsea, strangely enough ;) But with so many of my mates who I would have to watch it with being Manc fans, I don't think my heart could take it!

Interesting times coming up!

Advertisement