Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A real winter

• 05-03-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

I had a few pictures sent over to me yesterday taken in the 40's in Brittas back when there were proper winters. Who says March can't deliver:p.
    Enjoy;)

http://www.brayweather.com/1940's.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Wow! Impressive, heard many stories of the '47 snow, but here in Carlow town you hear more about the floods which followed rather than the snow itself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wow! Impressive, heard many stories of the '47 snow, but here in Carlow town you hear more about the floods which followed rather than the snow itself :p

Yeh, after so much snow the floods must have been awful, especially if there was a mild Southerly or something and it all melted at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

just a pity we didn't exist in them days but there ya go. Cool pics. icon_smile_tongue.gif

Good stuff trogdor

My Da used talk about 1947.The snow never left croghan untill mid june.
    The home farm lane in north wexford was constantly blocked coinciding with the various snow storms and given the ditches at either side of that lane would be 5 or 6 feet high and 12 ft wide,those would have been serious drifts!

I presume thats near Brittas bay which is right on the coast aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Good stuff trogdor

My Da used talk about 1947.The snow never left croghan untill mid june.
    The home farm lane in north wexford was constantly blocked coinciding with the various snow storms and given the ditches at either side of that lane would be 5 or 6 feet high and 12 ft wide,those would have been serious drifts!

I presume thats near Brittas bay which is right on the coast aswell.

Mid-June, wow! The pictures are actually near Brittas, Co. Dublin just over the border in North-West Wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

My granny is the same about snow except she said it was there until May. She was from clonegal on carlow/Wexford/Wicklow border:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    just a pity we didn't exist in them days but there ya go. Cool pics. icon_smile_tongue.gif

It's also a pity we haven't nailed time travel yet.

Advertisement