Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre pub?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hey

I'm looking for a city centre pub for a first date on a friday evening, that will have an atmosphere but won't be too packed, so we can have a decent chat and get to know each other... would like somewhere that does cocktails, and some bar food too.... oh and preferably in the city centre, near connolly station... would really appreciate any suggestions?

ty :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

floridita in the irish life is a good spot but can be packed. i would totally recommend radio city and issac butts opposite busaras, great place

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

If your looking for somewhere quite, the stephens green is very quite at night. Bring gargle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

BDubliner wrote: »
    If your looking for somewhere quite, the stephens green is very quite at night. Bring gargle.
    It's quite quiet all right, but not quite what the OP is looking for.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

Sketch the spelling police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

My suggestion is to stay the hell out of town this weekend if you're looking for somewhere quiet-Wales are playing. If you must, Bowes of Fleet St, Jack Neelon's on Capel St or upstairs at the Lord Edward might be options.
    I don't think any of these do bar food (apart from scampi fries) or cocktails but at least you'll be sitting down and can hear each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Nice City Centre pub on a Saturday night, that does Coctails. Nealons on Capel Street. Upstairs is a coctail bar. Really really nice. Not expensive either. Backround music, high stools, couches, pedestals etc.. you can't go wrong. And if you fancy more of a pint of Guinness, pub atmosphere, go downstairs. It's a regular pub.

Nice atmosphere aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Stags head off Dame Street. Food, Best Pints, Classy in and old fashioned way.

Advertisement