Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unregistered posting in Parenting - quick poll!

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wanted to ask ye all a quick question. In light of some of the more sensitive issues that may be discussed on this forum, I am asking ye if ye think that unregistered posting would be a useful thing for us to have here on Parenting. I know that there are some of ye who would like to post on the trying to conceive thread, or about postnatal depression, or issues regarding children with special needs - perhaps there are other issues besides these that you would like to talk about, but wish to protect your identities. If unregistered posting was available, would ye use it? Do you think that the few people who may wish to use it warrants it being available on the forum?

Thank you for reading :)

Would unregistered posting in Parenting be something you'd use? 41 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    73% 30 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    26% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The sooner we have this the better tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd rephrase the question embee.

Though it's not something I'd use personally, I would support it for the forum as I think it would be a useful tool for some other posters. Just because I wouldn't use it doesn't mean I should be voting 'no' to it if ya catch my drift :)

What about:

'Would you like to see anon posting in parenting.'

Edit/ it seems to be supported 'as is' so there may be no need to change it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Don't care either way. But if people want to stay "anonymous" it is very easy to just create a new boards account and use that account for this forum or for specific threads where you wish to remain anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

I agree with Mr Magnolia, not something I would use but I would support it, so I have voted yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It's not something I'd use, but I'd have no objection to it, as long as it is very well moderated, as I think it would also attract more flamers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Considering there is a thread in PI right now with an unregged poster, I'd have moved it straight here if you had that.
    Drop CuLT a PM and ask him if he would think about doing it, it will be useful for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

silja wrote: »
    It's not something I'd use, but I'd have no objection to it, as long as it is very well moderated, as I think it would also attract more flamers.

Well I have had some experience in dealing with unreg posters and they would not be seen publically until approved by a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's not something I'd use but I think it'd be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

nesf wrote: »
    It's not something I'd use but I think it'd be a good idea.
    Ditto.

I voted "no" based on the poll question, but you can disregard that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

It probably wouldn't be something I'd use but it's something I think the forum really ought to have. There are so many issues re parenting that posters may not feel comfortable using their normal ID. If it helps someone then I think it's a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Ditto.

I voted "no" based on the poll question, but you can disregard that now.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

+1 for me. I wouldn't need to use at the moment, but I'd imagine if I had kids or tried to, I would like to have the option to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

The option to use it would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It might make for some interesting threads. Give it a trial run for a month anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

yes definetly would be usefull for people wanting to discuss sensitive issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

Advertisement