Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixifoto, Good or Bad?

• 05-03-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

We had our one year old photographed in Pixifoto on his birthday.I was disappointed with the pics.It's the second time i went there(there won't be a third!).Have you used them and what was your experience? By the way they're really expensive too.I spent €125 on 6 photos.Only one was reasonably good.Any views to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Don't know how you'd feel about putting pics of your child up here but if you were ok with it you could post one or two and we could see what they were like. €125 is only going to be expensive for photos if their bad, you know what I mean? Shame you had such a bad experience. Was it just the photos that were bad or the over all experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭ShakeyBlakey

never used them, never will, are they the company that sticks your kid in a butterfly costume?.
    Give me €125 and I'll give you 6 pics you'll like and a dvd raw and high quality jpegs to print and use as u like...........Plus all the ones you had difficulty deciding on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

what size photos did you get for the 125

thats not that expensive if you look around a lot of these places charge at least that

I do kids portraits, the way i do it is is

60 euro for the sitting and then prices for the prints

and rather than take kids into a studio which generally will freak them out, i go to their house, where they are comfortable and have their stuff around them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭YogiBear

I was really shocked to hear the price my sister paid for a school portrait last year too, mostly because, he's 6, and the photograper didn't even fix his school tie!! That's just not giving a crap!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    Don't know how you'd feel about putting pics of your child up here but if you were ok with it you could post one or two and we could see what they were like. €125 is only going to be expensive for photos if their bad, you know what I mean? Shame you had such a bad experience. Was it just the photos that were bad or the over all experience?
    I thought they were a bit amateurish.The staff were ok.The photos weren't great.The lighting was wrong. My son has pale skin but in the photos he looked like he'd been in Africa for two months.That's such a basic thing to get wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

YogiBear wrote: »
    I was really shocked to hear the price my sister paid for a school portrait last year too, mostly because, he's 6, and the photograper didn't even fix his school tie!! That's just not giving a crap!! :mad:

It's not the photographers job to make sure the kid is in proper uniform/has everything nice and set. He's not the kids mother.. Regardless of anything else, he's there to take photos of the kids and then supply them as requested - I highly doubt the contract he has with the school has anything about fixing any clothing problems the children have. He doesn't have to care about it, he's not the one buying the photos after, and he's getting paid regardless..

Also your sister didn't HAVE to buy them, she did buy them, however. She knew the price, and even if it was redicilous, she had no problem paying it.. if she had a problem with it, why not see where else could do it cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭YogiBear

It's not the photographers job to make sure the kid is in proper uniform/has everything nice and set. He's not the kids mother.. Regardless of anything else, he's there to take photos of the kids and then supply them as requested - I highly doubt the contract he has with the school has anything about fixing any clothing problems the children have. He doesn't have to care about it, he's not the one buying the photos after, and he's getting paid regardless..

Also your sister didn't HAVE to buy them, she did buy them, however. She knew the price, and even if it was ridicilous, she had no problem paying it.. if she had a problem with it, why not see where else could do it cheaper?

It was a school photo.. the parents weren't at the school.. and the kids were at school all day.
    If I were a professional photographer, I'd care enough about my photos to make sure that my prints were of a professional standard. I'd notice if a child's tie was untidy & I would fix it.
    Do you take photos yourself, professionally or otherwise? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It's not the photographers job to make sure the kid is in proper uniform/has everything nice and set.

Yes it is.

I've seen the stalls for Pixifoto, and know a few girls working for them... The girls have no interest in photography whatsoever.

125 is expensive for bad photos, but reasonable for good photos.

Your best bet is to go to a professional photographer, talk to him/her before the shoot, get what you want in the photos across, see some previous work, and make sure you're happy. It might be a few bob more expensive than Pixifoto, but at least you're getting what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redheader

i also know girls and men working for pixifoto and they love what they do and take fantastic portraits, they are fantastic PROFESSIONAL photographers and i will bring my child to them again and again, i've priced other photographers and they are way to expensive in todays market, people shouldn't buy what they dont like anywhere regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

You must feel strongly about it to resurrect such an old thread! Can't see anyone paying Pixifoto €125 these days for pics! I think they're down to about a tenner now for a 10x8...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

redheader wrote: »
    i also know girls and men working for pixifoto and they love what they do and take fantastic portraits, they are fantastic PROFESSIONAL photographers and i will bring my child to them again and again, i've priced other photographers and they are way to expensive in todays market, people shouldn't buy what they dont like anywhere regardless

I'm am guessing you have some vested interest in this shop, as you have pull this OLD post out of obscurity to extol their virtues on your very first post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

This Shill Detector is off the meter!

+=======================================+
    |
    |
    |
    +=======================================+

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

As this is an old thread being resurected (and it's not even Easter yet) Times have changed & I cannot see the value in continuing.

If there is a new angle then start a new thread.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement