Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleopatra range

• 05-03-2008 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

lads, need some help please

my mother has a oil burning range. the brand name is "cleopatra". it was installed at least 40 years ago. it has stopped working properly-sooting up, very little heat etc.

it does not have a burner as such, more like a pot strainer inside in it with a controller outside to let oil flow in, you light it with a match and it works away

the man who used to service it has died,so have tried other service guys but it is so old that they are getting nowhere. they seem to have no knolledge of it.

i have cleaned it myself many times over the last while to no avail.

i have tried google for any information but nothing.(absolutely nothing)

have thought of a new range but old range built in and has asbestos sheeting (i think) around so do not want to rip it out.

any pointers or net sources greatly appreciated

regards

shovel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Campbell & Cooke in Dublin, the AGA people, are experts in that "Pot type" of Burner www.campbellandcooke.com
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

cheers jim

will check them out

appreciate the help

regards

shovel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coltpark

Hi,
    I see that this is quite an old message but am looking for info on the Cleopatra range as I'm breaking one, have just come across the sheeting and wondered whether it is asbestos? I see from your post that it probably is and am now panicking as it's exposed in my kitchen!

In answer to your question, I have the original instructions for the range and the telephone number for Ham Co Enterprise (suppliers of spares) if this is of any use, the number is 0035350632302.
    Coltpark

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

coltpark

have sent you a pm

shovel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wifflebat

Hi Shovel
    I'm in exactly the same position as you (spent a good half hour scrubbing the soot off my hands and formarms last night!) and just wondered if you'd gotten anywhere with this?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement