Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Coca-Cola

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Off topic I know, but in Indonesia, you can get rice with your BigMac! The staff also had a big sign reminding them to put salt on the fries. It tasted grand to us all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Dyflin wrote: »
    Off topic I know, but in Indonesia, you can get rice with your BigMac! The staff also had a big sign reminding them to put salt on the fries. It tasted grand to us all the same!
    You can also get a beer with your Big Mac in Spain! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Is there still an EU wide ban on parallel imports from outside the EEA?

I guess the middle east coke could be considered a "grey import"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

a couple of nicked trucks of the stuff?? driven here and then sold here?? thats what comes to mind first

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

anto-t wrote: »
    a couple of nicked trucks of the stuff?? driven here and then sold here?? thats what comes to mind first

Nope. It's everywhere and been going on for a long time. They would want to be hijacking trucks on daily basis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ojewriej wrote:
    It would be impossible to do. McDonalds doesnt taste the same everywhere. They have a policy of using local suppliers i.e. irish potatos and meat in Ireland, polsih potatoes and meat in Poland. That's why even if the recipe is the same, end product tastes differently.

In France they guarantee that their beef is either French or Irish, complete with Bord Bia posters all over the place. No wonder the French farmers keep burning Irish sheep......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Re. Imported Product

Dear ******

Thank you for your recent enquiry to Coca-Cola Bottlers Ireland regarding the imported Coca-Cola which you recently purchased.

As I am sure you will appreciate, we have no control over the importation of foreign product onto the Irish market once the retailer is in compliance with trading standards legislation. However, we will bring the matter to the attention our Sales Rep for the store in question.

I can assure you that Coca-Cola is produced to the very highest of standards worldwide. However, the water & sweeteners used in the production process can affect the taste of the end product. Accordingly the taste of imported Coca-Cola can be noticeably different to that of Coca-Cola produced in Ireland to a regular Coke drinker.

We trust that this meets with your satisfaction, and thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kind Regards,

Western Industrial Estate
    Naas Road, Dublin 12
    Tel: 01-4195698
    Fax: 01-4195693
    www.coca-colabottlers.com

Advertisement