Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

politics.ie - is anyone else having problems?

Options
  • 06-03-2008 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi - I've been unable to see the politics.ie website since wednesday afternoon. The site appears to be down.

Is anyone else having trouble, or know what the problem is?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Auditor #9

Ah, it's nice to see a familiar face!

So this is boards... nice place ... decor a bit different looking at it from the inside.

Wonder what's wrong over at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yeah im getting withdrawal too

Seriously lads, this is an actual condition isn't it? Internet addiction... (why do their smilies look different? :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 yehbut_nobut

Auditor #9 wrote: »
    Ah, it's nice to see a familiar face!

So this is boards... nice place ... decor a bit different looking at it from the inside.

Wonder what's wrong over at home?

Lol - hi audi.
    so we're all having withdrawl symptoms :D I hope Dave isn't worried about losing members to the competition!

Yeah, the longer the server stays down over there then the more names that could turn up here ... it'd be funny ... internet forum refugees - P.ie news headlines tomorrow .. Thousands end up forumless, putting enormous pressure on the server over at boards. Luckily the boards server has much more RAM (at least 2GB) than the p.ie machine ...

:D

(why do their smilies look different :mad: ? I feel like I can't express myself at all - like I lost some facial muscles ... :eek: )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I read it but I've never posted there

Two rants (I know it's pointless ranting here)
    That poster who calls Brian Cowan Magic Arse drives me mad.
    Why oh why is it set up that posters quote multiple posts? You scroll down and then you scroll down some more and you read 100 lines of previous posts and one line of a new post. Madness :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

There was a thread here about Politics.ie being down earlier on but it seems to have dissapeared now!

that's youngdan who calls Cowen Magic Arse and he says it's because he'll need to excrete money come the next budget.

Looking like it increasingly - possibly 8 billion behind by the end of this year (that was the last debate I was reading between kerrynorth and pfkf1 this morning)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Well according to the news last night there is already a shortfall of €2 billion for the year so far and we are only in March.

micmclo wrote: »
    That poster who calls Brian Cowan Magic Arse drives me mad.

haha! never heard that one!

Smileys here are crap - something very sinister about them...
    It's strange in this new place - feel like I should be queing for food stamps or a residency permit or something. A sort of "I'm not in Kansas anymore" vibe.

Do you think if we click our heels together three times, Dave will arrive in a tornado and whisk us all back....

• Advertisement

More seriously - I was looking forward to stanley and t.a.'s takes on today at the tribunal - I see theres another threadf for that so I wont start commenting here, tho....

god the moderators here are harsh alright - I was just reading a thread on global warming and it was locked in 5 posts because the original poster didn't offer his own opinions within that time :eek:

what else can you say? Toto!!!

More seriously - I was looking forward to stanley and t.a.'s takes on today at the tribunal - I see theres another threadf for that so I wont start commenting here, tho....
    O god yes that's why i was eager to go in there too - O'Callaghan doesn't know where he spend 10 grand ... let's find that thread in the hope that stanley, tonys and toxic are there

(and powderfinger, fakeviking :()

(at least the smilies go where you tell them to here and don't get stuck in at the end of everything all the time ... or is that the html brackets... see? forgetting the place already:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 EDO

Hows it going folks - so this is where a few of us have washed up! - its still down

I was in the middle of a post when the whole thingy went tits up earlier - around lunchtime if Im right

No real idea - but it did appear that the somebody was going around changing the YFGers avatars to eirigi ( black sense of humour or what!) - and then Im sure I saw - only for a second - it appeared that somebodys user name was definitely hacked as one of boys started going completely out of character and posting their own pms on a thread

me thinks there are security issues and the site might be under siege

Interesting alright - and both hacking attempts were around YFG contributions to the Lisbon treaty debate - curiouser and couriouser!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pfkf1

Thats quite odd, but I was really enjoying the economic debate earlier on today, and then it all stopped, this is like a refugee housing forum for all of us, it may be said I tried to put up 2 threads about this earlier and both were closed.

But thats very odd regarding, the security issue, I saw it being raised yesterday regarding "Al" but there must have been more hacking for them to have pulled down the website.

EDO wrote: »
    Hows it going folks - so this is where a few of us have washed up! - its still down

I was in the middle of a post when the whole thingy went tits up earlier - around lunchtime if Im right

No real idea - but it did appear that the somebody was going around changing the YFGers avatars to eirigi ( black sense of humour or what!) - and then Im sure I saw - only for a second - it appeared that somebodys user name was definitely hacked as one of boys started going completely out of character and posting their own pms on a thread

Interesting alright - and both hacking attempts were around YFG contributions to the Lisbon treaty debate - curiouser and couriouser!!!

Very strange... wasn't there a thread in dev&ed from someone (its_al?) complaining about his account being hacked? Dave and others said they'd look into it. This sounds serious. I hope the old content isnt lost !!!!

ps - thanks to mods here for allowing us to communicate about this.

Yeah it was Al yesterday and today it was Compound Fracture - who we all know is........................... - something goin on there alright

Thanks to the mods here.

Edo! Whoa - p.ie hacked? Was it the Chinese? Was it FF? Will Dave be able to get it up again in the near future do you know? I was just about to open a thread on 'The Best of Sidewinder' but realised it would have looked fairly homogenous throughout - lots of railing and ranting so I thought instead I'd open one on 'the best of Edo' ! - I really liked your post a few months ago about management and another about Japanese (?) driving tests. You're posts are of quality.

(go on, gizzajob)

god yeah, the content getting lost ... that'd be awful awful awful - some real quality stuff there from many quarters.

and yes, thanks to the mods here

Yeah it was Al yesterday and today it was Compound Fracture - who we all know is........................... - something goin on there alright

Thanks to the mods here.

They must be using similar passwords, or someone knows them, I don't see how you could access the account otherwise.

• Advertisement

Edo! Whoa - p.ie hacked? Was it the Chinese? Was it FF? Will Dave be able to get it up again in the near future do you know? I was just about to open a thread on 'The Best of Sidewinder' but realised it would have looked fairly homogenous throughout - lots of railing and ranting so I thought instead I'd open one on 'the best of Edo' ! - I really liked your post a few months ago about management and another about Japanese (?) driving tests. You're posts are of quality.

(go on, gizzajob)

god yeah, the content getting lost ... that'd be awful awful awful - some real quality stuff there from many quarters.

Completely agree, that would be a terrible shame, and also thanks to the Mods here, for allowing us to use this thread.

(go on, gizzajob)

Flattery will get ya anywhere ya chancer! - Tho at the rate the dollar and US economy is going south - I might be looking at a total career change meself before too long.

Yeah Sidewinder has been going around with a bee up his bum since his return from exile - after his dramatic exit after the election last may when he told us all collectively to go f ourselves and spat on the doorstep and walked out! - funny funny chap when he gets going - the man defines the word "rant"

pfkf1 wrote: »
    They must be using similar passwords, or someone knows them, I don't see how you could access the account otherwise.

I have a few of my own ideas about that one - but ill keep em to meself for the moment - then again you know what YFG are like for civil war!

Still an all - it must be serious and more than that to be down for this long.

I have a few of my own ideas about that one - but ill keep em to meself for the moment - then again you know what YFG are like for civil war!

Still an all - it must be serious and more than that to be down for this long.

That thought had crossed my mind, It wouldn't surprise me, and if that is the case, they need to grow up, but if I remember yesterday KingKane who we all know, said that this was not just a matter for the Mods, so it will be interesting to see what has happened, it must be serious ifthe site has been down for some 11 hours.

pfkf1 wrote: »
    That thought had crossed my mind, It wouldn't surprise me, and if that is the case, they need to grow up, but if I remember yesterday KingKane who we all know, said that this was not just a matter for the Mods, so it will be interesting to see what has happened, it must be serious ifthe site has been down for some 11 hours.

true enough - ah well - hope theres no serious damage done - Im off to the leaba - see yis all back here or in the other place tomorrow.

G'nite

What are ye saying? That yFG are gone militant or something? Please tell us more, cryptic or not.

And by the way this could get very weird this mediahood we're on here - I just saw someone called 'Akrasia' too - it's like characters turning up in reality from a television series that you are a part of in a way...

escalation from the mulley.net debacle?

escalation from the mulley.net debacle?
    What's that?! is he a contributer there, Damien Mulley?

no but if you go to his site you can he got into another arguement with some former yfg members and they started slagging him off to everyone they could find, nasty

• Advertisement

I'd say grandad is the only blog i read now and again ( www.headrambles.com ) but Mulley is a bit more pervasive than just a blog - he's one of the Watchers we need more of around the place. Do you read much blogs yourself lostexpectation?

And you are more of a boards character than a p.ie one, aren't you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement