Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

politics.ie - is anyone else having problems?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

politics.ie is better for discussing politics though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

politics.ie is better for discussing politics though

Do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Very odd things going on indeed. Just thinking back to who outside of Ireland may be annoyed. Im pretty sure the Columbians, Venezuelans, Chinese and Serbians should have been offended in one way or another.

Likely some locals getting a bit too serious on something and taking it out on a whole site. Considering some people's anger about Libertas and the Lisbon treaty it could be someone getting very dirty indeed.

Or could be down for routine maintenance. Hopefully that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 St333ve

So its not just me then, i thought i'd been banned.
    Hope the hackers dont do too much damage, they could find out all sorts of information i suppose.
    IP adresses and all, infact im starting to get worried because i cant find that snickers i bought earlier.
    Maybe theyve tracked me down atlast.

Gulp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Maybe Bertie is getting fed up with the ramblings and has Lenehan on the job...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Hi P.ie lads, Aindriu here in my alter ego.

P.ie is still down. Yesterday I got a message about an upgrade taking place and to try after 6:40PM. Nothing since.

Any ideas? Has anyone heard from big Dave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Auditor #9

andrewh5 wrote: »
    Hi P.ie lads, Aindriu here in my alter ego.

P.ie is still down. Yesterday I got a message about an upgrade taking place and to try after 6:40PM. Nothing since.

Any ideas? Has anyone heard from big Dave?
    Upgrade? That's better news. Some of us hard cases are beginning to believe that society itself is coming to an end :eek: á lá Mad Max. Good to know it's not !! (although if they're taking that long to put in a gig of ram ... )

If your account was called Aindriu it'd make it feel more like home, you know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Moriarty wrote: »
    Do tell.

I think the main reason for that is that people don't get banned for mentioning Bertie in a non hushed tone, or for engaging in heated debate with other adult posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 EDO

Auditor #9 wrote: »
    Upgrade? That's better news. Some of us hard cases are beginning to believe that society itself is coming to an end :eek: á lá Mad Max. Good to know it's not !! (although if they're taking that long to put in a gig of ram ... )

If your account was called Aindriu it'd make it feel more like home, you know ;)

Nah - I think its more than an upgrade TBH - They only did that last week- thats where the 6.40pm thingy came from - normally you would get some warning if the site was going to be down for 24 hrs or so - no there is something else that has prompted this radical review and I dont think its anything to do with the political content of the site.

On the plus side Im communicating with the work colleagues and relatives again - F all else to do! - tho there is some SF foot soldier after posting the most tempting target here on the Lisbon treaty a while ago;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

All the poor Politics.ie asylum seekers huddled together in a virtual sports hall. What a dishevelled looking bunch. I feel guilty. :o I should be handing out virtual cups of tea or something to make myself more useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

All the poor Politics.ie asylum seekers huddled together in a virtual sports hall. What a dishevelled looking bunch. I feel guilty. :o I should be handing out virtual cups of tea or something to make myself more useful.

Make it a double expresso and you're on a chara ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Welcome to Boards.ie, please form an orderly line and wait until you are "processed" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pfkf1

I don't think this is just the being updated cause they did that last week, and site has been down nearly a day now, something is up, bit I hope normality will be restored soon.

I presume nobody has heard anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Maybe Dave didn't provide a "loan" to the right person ;)

pfkf1 wrote: »
    I don't think this is just the being updated cause they did that last week, and site has been down nearly a day now, something is up, bit I hope normality will be restored soon.

There's a facebook group, someone could email one of them if things got really critical. Maybe the cold turkey would only last a week or so though.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2557275941

There's also jcskinner's blog (a p.ie regular) "skinflicks" http://skinflicks.blogspot.com/ or on the blog www.headrambles.com - maybe grandad or jcskinner have heard something. And someone called kerrynorth posts on www.thepropertypin.com but I don't know if it's the same one. I think he's well in with Dave and would know how empty or full the brown envelope was if that was the p.ie kerrynorth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 firmaterra

I'd thought I'd provide a bit of the old favourites to help along with the Withdrawal symptoms.

Look on the Bright Side of the Irish Economy....
    No problems with the economy here. The Celtic Tiger lives on strong and healthy. If you're one of the lucky one's that lost your job last year, or this year, you're no doubt blessed with the good fortune to have found work in a medical plant research the effects of some medicine on internet withdrawal symptoms.

[mod snip]

Overpaid Ministers and Huge Budeget Deficit of 8bn this year at least
    The most well paid minister in the world, and a huge deficit this year loomoing as 500m shortfall in Jan and Feb alone. Oh everyone else is a muppet.

ps. markeys on the p.ie forum.

So yes, a big thank you to the mods here for allowing this. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

firmaterra wrote: »
    I'd thought I'd provide a bit of the old favourites to help along with the Withdrawal symptoms.

Look on the Bright Side of the Irish Economy....
    No problems with the economy here. The Celtic Tiger lives on strong and healthy. If you're one of the lucky one's that lost your job last year, or this year, you're no doubt blessed with the good fortune to have found work in a medical plant research the effects of some medicine on internet withdrawal symptoms.

Dastardly Taoiseach rips of Republic.
    No end to this mans shame. Having been proven wrong about the economy, having massive sums of money sloshing around that he's lied about, having not paid his taxes....Well nothing to feel ashamed of there, or no reason to resign. After all, if I point blank refuse to resign then what the hell can they do. Oh and everyone else is a muppet.

Overpaid Ministers and Huge Budeget Deficit of 8bn this year at least
    The most well paid minister in the world, and a huge deficit this year loomoing as 500m shortfall in Jan and Feb alone. Oh everyone else is a muppet.

ps. markeys on the p.ie forum.

So yes, a big thank you to the mods here for allowing this. Much appreciated.

How about one of factual's standard posts (which have an eerie hint of the North Korean official news agency about them)?

Monument to Agrarian Reform
    Pyongyang, March 5 (KCNA) -- Lots of working people are visiting the monument to agrarian reform erected on the Okdo Co-operative Farm, Ryonggang County, South Phyongan Province on the occasion of the anniversary of the promulgation of the historic Agrarian Reform Law (March 5).

The monument was built by the peasants of Ryonggang County in Juche 35 (1946) with zeal to devote themselves to the building of new Korea to convey long the exploit of President Kim Il Sung who satisfied their long-cherished desire to do farming in their own land to their hearts' content.

The monument, made in the form of tower with squarely trimmed granite, has the letters "Long live General Kim Il Sung!" on the front, "Long live the Korean liberation!" on the right side and "Monument to Agrarian Reform" on the left side.

Carved in relief on the front of the foundation stone are the letters "Peasants of Ryonggang" and on its back the letters "1946" and a plough and others.

President Kim Il Sung visited Okdo-ri on April 28, Juche 36 (1947). After being briefed on the monument, he said that the monument is of great significance as it was erected by peasants in Ryonggang County to commemorate forever the happy day of land reform, it should be managed well by planting flowers and trees around it and the peasants should turn out in the farming work, keeping in mind the day when they became the masters of the land.

The monument glaringly shows that the land reform in Korea was the greatest and most correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

Ah so this is boards.ie :D I like the colour,been trying to access p.ie and I thought it was my connection that was at fault,:confused:

gandalf wrote: »
    Welcome to Boards.ie, please form an orderly line and wait until you are "processed" ;)
    An asylum seeker gets an allowance of €19 a week. Will you start limiting our posts to text-message sized entries because we have no visas? You have to understand that our home planet was destroyed, war has gripped our land.

Auditor #9 wrote: »
    An asylum seeker gets an allowance of €19 a week. Will you start limiting our posts to text-message sized entries because we have no visas? You have to understand that our home planet was destroyed, war has gripped our land.
    many of us are still missing,we were the lucky ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

Akrasia wrote: »
    I think the main reason for that is that people don't get banned for mentioning Bertie in a non hushed tone, or for engaging in heated debate with other adult posters.

Yes you can get banned (temporarily or otherwise) very easily here (I'll probably get banned for saying that). But you have to really go over the top on p.ie to get banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 draiocht23

hughj wrote: »
    many of us are still missing,we were the lucky ones

One more refugee here....god, never realised how addicted I am to intermittently checking p.ie....going nuts :eek:

pfkf1 wrote: »

Very strange alright,I saw the thread about hacking,the last thing I did on p.ie was to remove my personal details from my profile just in case then when I returned the site was gone...

draiocht23 wrote: »
    One more refugee here....god, never realised how addicted I am to intermittently checking p.ie....going nuts :eek:
    Yea I never thought I had a problem now I'm getting worried lol.Nice of the mods here to let us discuss it though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 D.Harry

So this is where you all went to.
    Nice decor, pastel is so now - friendly ambiance. Maybe I'll stick around for a while.
    Dave, if you're reading this - have you checked the fuse in the plugtop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 draiocht23

hughj wrote: »
    Very strange alright,I saw the thread about hacking,the last thing I did on p.ie was to remove my personal details from my profile just in case then when I returned the site was gone...

FF have been complaining about anti-Bert bias in RTE....maybe they have taken out/down p.ie?? ;)

draiocht23 wrote: »
    FF have been complaining about anti-Bert bias in RTE....maybe they have taken out/down p.ie?? ;)
    Ah now ya can't blame this one on us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Simon.d

I asked google : what is wrong with politics.ie, and it brought me here.. what a clever little thing..

On eirigi's thread there was link to a post by andrew about Gardaí involvement for hijacked accounts..

What I'm thinking is that the hijacker might be trying to dump all the evidence, i.e. I.P. logs and what not.. and maybe the whole site in the process.. Hope Mr. Cochrane made regular backups to a secondary location, or years of discussionary effort may be down the drain :(

EDIT
    Just read JCSkinners blog.. All is well, tis only a glitch in the new upgrade..

Have ye seen the propertypin website? It looks very like p.ie only blue ...

let's invade, lads ... icon_twisted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

ENOUGH!!

This isn't politics.ie, and the fact that it's down doesn't mean you can re-create it over here.

If you want to discuss political topics, do so in the spirit of the forum you're on, not the one you've come from. Read the charter, and conform to it. Being new to the site doesn't confer any special privileges.

If you're here to discuss politics.ie, you're in the wrong place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement