Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours let their dog loose

Options
  • 06-03-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We've a small dog. We keep him in our house & back garden and he is under control at all times. A neighbour of ours does the opposite. Their dog wanders the estate, does his business in other peoples gardens, follows you when you go for a walk or run, hangs around your house, makes some of the kids around the place a bit nervous even though he is pretty well behaved. I'm training for a marathon and on a recent long run the dog followed me the whole way - 29kms on back roads, so it I was nervous enough getting him back safe and sound. Why should I be responsible for a dog that isn't mine. The neighbour appears oblivious to keeping their dog under more control? Who is right and who is wrong in this situation?

Cheers.

SJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Poor little dog, it sounds like he's just trying to get some attention from whoever he can. Maybe talk to his owners and encourage them to take him for proper walks and play with him etc? I've ended up looking after several neighbours unloved dogs but I didn't mind, more doggy fun for moi! :D

Advertisement