Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New I90 engines

Options
  • 06-03-2008 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Has anyone driven the I30? What are the diesel engines like to drive? Will the 2Lt be coming here?
    and why thr F@ck are we getting a 3 year warranty here and its 5 years in the UK???
    Can anyone tell me if the diesel engines in the Nissan Tiida is a nissan unit or a PSA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I'm pretty sure it's an in house design by Hyundai. As for them only bringing in the 1.6, the market for anything above 1.6 litre engines in that category is zilch here really. Because VRT is at 30% on 2.0 litre engines, they would be very expensive(another reason why smaller engines are preferred here). Under the new VRT system, diesels should become a lot cheaper(they'll have much lower VRT and road tax anyway), so I would expect that demand for bigger and more powerful diesel engines will go up, so I'm sure Hyundai will start importing the 2.0 diesel in the i30 from July here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Altreab wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the diesel engines in the Nissan Tiida is a nissan unit or a PSA?

Renault

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you want an i30 with more than 3 years warranty then look at the Kia Ceed. It is the same car but has a 7 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the 110bhp I30 is pretty quick. The cee'd also has a 5 star safety over the Hyundai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭hebejebees

Agreed, the KIA Cee'd is a much better buy, pretty much the same car underneath (Same company) but alot more sporty looking and feel, they drive great as good as any golf/focus/astra. If you are concerned about a warranty then the way to go is with the 7 year. As for the Diesel the 1.6 is as good as a few 2.0 on the market and for that reason we may not see the 2.0 for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Am I the only one who things the new Nissan Tiida is PIG UGLY?!Man they shot themselves in the foot with the Micra ...even the OLD Yaris was outselling it and now this ?!Against the Auris its bound to bomb .As far as I can tell only half blind auld fellas are buying it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Brother in law has a 1.6 diesal Kia Ceed. I got to drive it and it is very quick and handles well. It has 110bhp I think but it is light. I drive a diesal Mondeo 115bhp and it leaves the Mondeo for dust. Even compared to the 1.6 diesal Focus it is very quick off the blocks.

The estate version of this is a very good looking car. For bot space this is the better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭hebejebees

ytareh wrote: »
    Am I the only one who things the new Nissan Tiida is PIG UGLY?!Man they shot themselves in the foot with the Micra ...even the OLD Yaris was outselling it and now this ?!Against the Auris its bound to bomb .As far as I can tell only half blind auld fellas are buying it ....

I second that, the Tiida dreadful looking, i drove one last week and when you think what is available out there as an alternative its a wonder anyone has ever bought one.

Advertisement