Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBood - Trelock MS 502 Chain Lock - €42

Options
  • 06-03-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

In case anyone is in the market for a lock, iBood have a Trelock MS 502 chain lock for €42 inc delivery.

https://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

Not too sure if it's an anyway decent lock, any opinions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Looks decent, but I think it's more for scooters/motorbikes. I don't think it would be very portable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

If I get one I was thinking I could wear it around my torso, over the shoulder. Bit heavy but not too noticeable around your core in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think it would be too heavy for that even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Ah, it'd be just extra weight for training :D

On second thoughts it's probably very bad for your back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Could be an option if you can leave the lock where you lock the bike. Looks strong anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭branners69

I bought two, am gonna leave one at home as an extra lock in the shed and will leave the other one in work!

Just have to buy a bike worth locking now :)

These are definitely for bikes as it says on the product description:
    "Do you want to park your bicycle knowing that you will definitely find it in the same place when you return?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

It's a great price if it's as good as it claims. It might be useful to have while transporting bikes on a car rack or something or for keeping the bikes locked together at home given all the robberies. Don't think I'd put it in my panniers!

Just reading the comments on that forum, somebody suggested a rule of thumb of: 'spend 10% of the value of the bike on security for it'. Seems low to me unless you can expect to find bargains like this.

Well after my first serious love was nicked 5 years ago (had brought her back from Taiwan and done countless km on her only for some...:mad: meh) I needed a bike to just get around. I blew all my cash on a POS for 150 euro (mistake) and a 90 euro lock. The lock is still great and protects decent bikes now.

Advertisement