Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Network Q warranty valid in Ireland

Options
  • 06-03-2008 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

If buying a car from a Vauxhall dealer in Northern Ireland which comes with a 12 month Network Q warranty. Is this valid in Ireland as well.

On talking to the dealer he said that we would have to give him an address in the North in order to activate the Network Q warranty.

But surely if you buy a car in Northern Ireland and import it to Ireland it still comes under the same EU consumer laws.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Network Q warranty is voluntary not statutory, this could be the major legal difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

That is a good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Contact Vauxhall, and Opel. It's them that administers it, not the dealers.

I can only send Vauxhall an email, there doesnt seem to be any phone numbers available.

I am going to give astra-sport a buzz now to see if they have any contacts that they could put me in touch with.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It should be in the terms and conditions of the warranty.

Don't Opel have a Network Q warranty available here? I thought I seen it advertised before.

• Advertisement

I checked with the dealer seeming it has to a northern address as they use the northern reg in case there is any claims under the warranty.

There is a Network Q in Ireland as well but its operated seemingly by Opel and Vauxhall and Opel are seperating trading companies as such if you catch my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kluivert wrote: »
    I checked with the dealer seeming it has to a northern address as they use the northern reg in case there is any claims under the warranty.

There is a Network Q in Ireland as well but its operated seemingly by Opel and Vauxhall and Opel are seperating trading companies as such if you catch my drift.

If the warranty is not valid down south then it is of no value to you so there is no point in paying more from a dealer without a warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I know the VW 1yr used warranty becomes invalid if the car goes on to be reigstered in ROI from Northern plates - I wouldn't be surprised if the Network Q one has similar wording. The VW one does cover repairs carried out in ROI, but only if the car is still plated up North.

Advertisement