Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psp as multi-room audio device??

Options
  • 06-03-2008 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions regarding using PSPs (one in each room) to stream music from a PC over a wireless network.

I would be planning to put them in charging docks, so that they are constantly powered and probably connecting either to an amp or amplified speakers in each of the rooms.

I was hoping to get PSPradio working on them as well, but am struggling to get that working on one PSP (3.71 M33) never mind 2 or 3!!

If anybody has any ideas/suggestions I would be delighted to hear them, but keep it simple (if possible).

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Nice idea! I would think the PSP user interface wouldn't be amazing for large amounts of music though.

Interent radio works fine for me on 3.80m33 4 (phat) and 3.90m33 2 (slim). Didnt remember having any issues setting it up, only that you need some manor of memory card in it.

A homebrew app: Irshell 3.90 apparently has the ability to connect to your pc wirelessly to access files, and i think you can also slow down the processor so you get more battery life out of it.

EDIT:

Also look here , someone recomends pmp player advance as a media player to stream over the wi-fi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Thanks for that, would like to get PSPRadio working first, and then take a look at other options, will try what you have suggested.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

I use tversity on a pc which streams movies to other pcs/ps3 etc and will stream music to your psp. shouldnt matter if you have CFW or not as all you need is access to the web browser to access TVersity.

Couldnt get simpler and I thought of the same myself and did try it out so it works.

Interface is possibly lacking for a large amount of music and playlists etc but works no hassle for picking a whole album. Heres an image of the interface:

TVersityGUI_psp1.png

http://tversity.com/home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Thanks for that suggestion, have fallen a bit behind with this, but will get back on track soon hopefully.

Thanks again

Advertisement