Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My MR2...

Options
  • 06-03-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

DSCF1431.jpg

This is my 1990 mr2 t-bar, i have spent thousands on it, still needs some work, and some work still needed on engine but is a great little fun car. I might be selling in the next month or 2 to buy a tubby mr2.
    Hope you like
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭blackbox

Newer "tubby" model should be more fun - strangely, I suspect the people I see driving them don't realise what they can do.

I haven't driven one, but they are supposed to be more in the spirit of the Mk1 which was a fantastic car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MOG7 wrote: »
    still needs some work
    Start with a respray... there are 3 different shades of red in that photo alone, and that's only the tail end of it.

I suspect the back bumper was white originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

JHMEG wrote: »
    Start with a respray... there are 3 different shades of red in that photo alone, and that's only the tail end of it.

Might have something to do with the fact that the rear tail lights are from the 1993 onwards facelifted model. The middle section of the boot where the MR2 badge meets rear lights might be all one unit from a slightly newer less faded MR2.

The whiteish paint peeling off the bumper could be primer though. To be fair it is a work in progress 18 year old car.

Lovely cars BTW.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

JHMEG wrote: »
    Start with a respray... there are 3 different shades of red in that photo alone
    I'd try a t-cut and wax first, would work wonders short-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The right hand lights, "mr2" panel and possibly boot all look out of line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

bazz26 wrote: »
    The middle section of the boot where the MR2 badge meets rear lights might be all one unit from a slightly newer less faded MR2.
    It is, and they're usually black, iirc.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Lovely cars BTW.
    Don't get me wrong. I spent hours working on the electrics of a '92 one, exact same colour, with the revised tail lights (mid section sprayed black) and all. When all the work was done (and there was a lot of work including an engine swap) the owner had the whole car resprayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Cheers for all the comments, well full respray is out of the question as i'm selling it on and most of the paint is pretty good on the car. That photo was taken when i just had the exhaust fitted, i have cleaned it up a lot better now.

The centre part is being refitted and resprayed next week, as someone said they are off rev3+ mr2's, i thought they looked a lot better so i fitted them. They aren't rreally usually black, they come in any colour, a lot of the copies come in black and people leave them that colour because it looks ok but i'd prefer it red, even if it is the wrong red at the moment lol...

I have had all the cambelt bearings, seals and gasket replaced in the last 2 weeks but is still losing a small bit of oil. No loss of power at all though and hasn't ever run low on oil.

I am selling for about 2500 which for a car with all this stuff on it i think is very reasonable, i have spent 4500 getting this car in the shape it is in, most of the money spent on replacement engine and repairing most of the suspension parts.

Advertisement