Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Torres Book

• 06-03-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

Here is an extract from Fernando Torres upcoming autobiography.

"Flying into Manchester airport for the signing was one of the most exciting days of my career. The limo transferring me took a while longer to reach the ground than I expected but once there I was greeted by a sea of red. The chanting and atmosphere were brilliant and it all passed by in a blur.

Once inside the ground I was greeted by the manager, the first time we had met face to face. He was a lot heavier than I expected but spoke to me in good Spanish which made me feel most welcome. We went straight into a conference room for the official signing.

After I had put pen to paper the manager turned to me and said "Welcome to the biggest club in the World".

I said thank you and asked "When will I meet Wayne and Cristiano"?

There followed about ten minutes of confusion from which it transpired that there are two clubs in the North West of England known as the "Reds" and my idiot agent had got them mixed up.

However I had signed so had to get on with it. Benitez was known as the "Gaffer". I asked Stevie G (the only other player at the club who could control the ball) why this was.

He explained that in English "gaffe" is an embarrassing mistake. Apparently even the owners called Rafa "gaffer".

All I can do now is play really well and hope that Real, Barca or possibly Barnsley come and save me from my nightmare.

Some days after training I drive from Liverpool to Manchester and sit outside Old Trafford and dream of what might have been. I can sit there for hours.

Then Stevie will nudge me and say "Come on Nando, we have to go back".

We drive silently back to the gaffer.

Taken from "How did I get here?" by Fernando Torres.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ghosted by which Liverpool fc approved hack I wonder? ;)

Its a bit early and its not even Christmas.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Very good :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ha Ha Ha. Hi-larious, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LOL Quality :)

• Advertisement

LOL nice to see something to lighten the mood in here today!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lmao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hehe. I found it pretty funny. The line about Stevie saying 'we have to go back' is hilarious.

Didnt Man Utd try to sign Torres and he turned them down ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't think it got that far, Atletico said no a few seasons back I think.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Tusky wrote: »
    hehe. I found it pretty funny. The line about Stevie saying 'we have to go back' is hilarious.

Didnt Man Utd try to sign Torres and he turned them down ?

Yes he did.This guy is going to be the best striker on the planet and to think we could have ened up with tevez:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Brilliant. Soccer forum needs more of this. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Dubit10 wrote: »
    Yes he did.This guy is going to be the best striker on the planet and to think we could have ened up with tevez:D

i'm sure United fans are quite happy to have Tevez and be in a battle for the league title, instead of having torres and being in a battle for fourth..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Sherifu wrote: »
    Brilliant. Soccer forum needs more of this. :D

How about funny football related pics? This one always cracks me up:D

image_fmbg_0_88.jpg

Nunu wrote: »

image_fmbg_0_88.jpg
    Quality :D

Torres has only scored 6 more than Tevez in all competitions that matter (ie not carling Cup) with roughly equal games played and Tevez has been playing behind the striker. Meaning as of 2 games ago they were even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

:rolleyes:

Tevez is a great little player. I'd much rather have Torres but that doesnt change the fact that I would love to have Tevez aswell.

Honestly, why do u even bother posting here? U add nothing to the boards with this kind of rubbish. We have enough people tryin to stir it in here with every post they make as it is without another one.And worse still, all of the posts Ive read by u in the last few days have been of this biased red blinker vain. No wonder the board has been spoiled recently with the stupid Pool - United rows. Give it a rest will ya.

Torres has only scored 6 more than Tevez in all competitions that matter (ie not carling Cup) with roughly equal games played and Tevez has been playing behind the striker. Get some perspective and stop posting rubbish. This forum gets ruined enough with stupid "united vs Liverpool" rows without people trying to add to it.

Needless.

jesus Neil, will ya chill out, he didnt even say anything bad about the mancs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Seriously the thread about the US fans and their scarfs was far more hilarious.

Honestly, why do u even bother posting here? U add nothing to the boards with this kind of rubbish. We have enough people tryin to stir it in here with every post they make as it is without another one.And worse still, all of the posts Ive read by u in the last few days have been of this biased red blinker vain. No wonder the board has been spoiled recently with the stupid Pool - United rows. Give it a rest will ya.

Torres has only scored 6 more than Tevez in all competitions that matter (ie not carling Cup) with roughly equal games played and Tevez has been playing behind the striker. Get some perspective and stop posting rubbish. This forum gets ruined enough with stupid "united vs Liverpool" rows without people trying to add to it.

Needless.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Lads, cut out the crap, seriously.
    Anymore **** will result in a ban.

---

Funny stuff :) That bit with Gerrard at the end is priceless

• Advertisement

Needless.

This is for you my friend:D

Apologies for the rant lads,

Wont happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Better not.

Funny stuff mind.

Sorry about that.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Very Very Funny!!Half way through i was thinking!!I have to get that book :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

We should make this the dedicated football humour thread. Its one of the main things the soccer forum is missing. This place takes itself too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Dubtit10 is like Mr.Alans apprentice, I dont know where he came out of, but most of his posts I've seen over the last few weeks seem to be swipes at Utd. So it wont be the last time you see a post like that from him.

Dubtit10 is like Mr.Alans apprentice, I dont know where he came out of, but most of his posts I've seen over the last few weeks seem to be swipes at Utd. So it wont be the last time you see a post like that from him.

I like everybody else on here have a point of view that i like to express.I dont go crying like a little baby when a man utd fan may express there view about liverpool.It's a forum and you are entitled to your opinion which i respect.If you cant respect my point of view thats your problem.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Original Post is very good, im just so happy liverpool have a striker that Man U are making a joke of because hes excellent for a change :D:D

image_fmbg_0_88.jpg

Thats a great picture, he must have had beanz on toast before the game!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

a few pics to lighten up the mood again

funny_soccer.jpg

funny%20soccer%201.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Funny_Soccer_07.jpg

funny-soccer-photo.jpg

big-soccer-kick.jpg

kev_s88 wrote: »
    a few pics to lighten up the mood again

funny_soccer.jpg

funny%20soccer%201.jpg
    hahaha, fags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can someone please re-name this the football humour thread?

This is brilliant and much needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He thought that out pretty well. :D

Watch out for this guy in the olympics:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I think its your mission to annoy Neil amongst other united fans.

• Advertisement

Willstev wrote: »
    I think its your mission to annoy Neil amongst other united fans.

Yeap thats my mission:rolleyes: Does no one on here have a sense of humour:p

i worked with Neil for a couple of years, and he doesnt have a sense of humour ;)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i worked with Neil for a couple of years, and he doesnt have a sense of humour ;)

You seem like a long term poster here Mr Alan. Is there not a bit of banter allowed between us and the mancs. Jeeees. They give stick we as scousers give it back. Think some people on here take the whole thing way to serious:(

banter is allowed and i reckon should be condoned, just hard sometimes to get the "tone" of wat someone is saying, definately some people around who are wayyy too sensitive, but there is also loads of people who are well up for decent discussion and a bit of a laugh.

and i aint that long term a poster, only here just over a year, any other queries should be directed to Mike, he is the soccer forum guru :)

Mr Alan wrote: »

So's your face!! Thanks Al, thats the nicest thing anyones ever said about me!

I have a sense of humour but I dont find every thread in here deteriorating into silly "us" vs "you's" arguments when referring to two foreign cities in particular to be fun, nor the constant "Gerrards a diver" "No, Ronaldo is" posts and all that crap thats dominating the boards lately, thats all! And some of the posts we're meant to have "sense of humour" about are poorly veiled wind up attempts.

Anyway, I apologised for the rant. Like I said, wont happen again, I found the ignore button, and its much better!

PS I worked with Alan for a couple of years and he doesnt have sense!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

rooneycrcf9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I actually lol'd... :p

great stuff, keep it coming :D

Moyes previous career

http://www.bluekipper.com/assets/images/blubber/moyes_proclaimers.jpg

Maybe something to go back to when they realise 4th aint happening and Fiorentina finish the job in woodison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement