Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football This Weekend - on your doorstep

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I am gutted i am missing the match tomorrow night, I have to play the GAA instead. I am predicting a 2-0 win for the drogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I am gutted i am missing the match tomorrow night, I have to play the GAA instead. I am predicting a 2-0 win for the drogs.

gah over football?

For shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Lets hope Dundalk aren't as accurate tonight as this young lad...

or this fella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

DesF wrote: »
    gah over football?

For shame.
    lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Rovers are playing tommorrow night, don't make the trek to Droghada for nothing.

I assume you're being sarcastic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I assume you're being sarcastic?

its a shams thing, anytime anyone says rovers they point to shams as being the only team called rovers.

dont get it myself, but just wait till a dunfermline fan posts here !!!!:mad:

kdjac

I'm a Shamrock Rovers fan, but I wouldn't do that.

Some are more bitter than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

KdjaCL wrote: »
    its a shams thing, anytime anyone says rovers they point to shams as being the only team called rovers.

I have no idea who 'shams' are, but if he wanted to say Sligo, he should have said Sligo to avoid confusion.

• Advertisement

Some are more bitter than others.

I am a lot of things, but bitter is not one of them.

That is the Slig fans who argue that they are Rovers as opposed to Rovers. Some drunk wrote an entire book on it.

I have no idea who 'shams' are, but if he wanted to say Sligo, he should have said Sligo to avoid confusion.

Your little club doesn't own the name ffs.

Build a bridge will you.

Lose the shoulder chip too.

In fact, Melchester Rovers are more famous than you lot.

And they aren't even a real team.

WTF? The McClarens used to play for them and the brazilian who landed in a helicopter at half time on the pitch and scored a hatrick in the 2nd half...not real my arse.

kdjac

Your little club doesn't own the name ffs.

Build a bridge will you.

Lose the shoulder chip too.

Little club lecture from a Shels fan! :D

Who has a chip? Its simple historical fact: Sligo nemed themselves Rovers after Shamrock Rovers. This is not in dispute. As such in an Irish contect, Rovers are Rovers and Sligo are Sligo. Its not ownership of the name in general, but Juventus in Chile cant seriously call themselves the real Juve. Ditto the Sligs.

When you are talking about the Rovers game, do you mean Shamrock or Sligo?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rovers are playing tommorrow night, don't make the trek to Droghada for nothing.

kdjac
    I am a lot of things, but bitter is not one of them.

That is the Slig fans who argue that they are Rovers as opposed to Rovers. Some drunk wrote an entire book on it.

Blackburn are at home to Fulham tomorrow... :confused:

• Advertisement

Who has a chip? Its simple historical fact: Sligo nemed themselves Rovers after Shamrock Rovers. This is not in dispute. As such in an Irish contect, Rovers are Rovers and Sligo are Sligo. Its not ownership of the name in general, but Juventus in Chile cant seriously call themselves the real Juve. Ditto the Sligs.

Who did Shamrock "Rovers" name themselves after?

As such in an Irish contect, Rovers are Rovers and Sligo are Sligo.

Incorrect

Pats= Junkies
    Shels= HAHAHA
    Bohs = gypos
    Derry = nordies
    Cork= langers
    Fingal= Dublin City 2
    Sligo= rovers
    Shamrocks= shams

I think the last 2 will stick here for some reason

kdjac

Incorrect

Pats= Junkies
    Shels= HAHAHA
    Bohs = gypos
    Derry = nordies
    Cork= langers
    Fingal= Dublin City 2
    Sligo= rovers
    Shamrocks= shams

I think the last 2 will stick here for some reason

kdjac
    Pats = SPA I thought?
    Shels = Shelacticos.
    Derry = Jesters
    Sporting Fingal = Sporting FeckAll, Torpedo Fingal
    Dundalk = shít

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Pats = SPA I thought?
    Shels = Shels.
    Derry = Jesters
    Sporting Fingal = Sporting FeckAll, Torpedo Fingal
    Dundalk = The shít

Sorted that for u...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Shels= HAHAHA

This was good, hahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Big Club contribution: (isn't great to be back all the same :D)
    That's a crooked comparison. No one referred to 'the real Rovers', just Rovers. Everyone who calls themselves Something Rovers is entitled to refer to themselves as Rovers. I'm with Sligo on this one, and opposed to Shamrock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

gah over football?

For shame.
    You tell him DesF!

Its the first evening of the brand new season and as you've been telling all these plebs all year "Go to your local ground and support your club ffs"

DesF you're a beacon amongst all these cavemen in their dark caves. Your dedication to your club knows no limits. The cold weather won't stop you making it to Tolka next November. Family death? You'll have to try harder than that son. Dependable Des is what Pighead shall call you from now on.

STOP PRESS: THIS JUST IN: DESF IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT GOING TO TOLKA PARK TONIGHT. HE IS INSTEAD GOING TO A BEER GUTS AND RECEDING HAIRLINES NIGHT OUT IN THE PORTERHOUSE.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55330439&postcount=26556

Ah Pighead, you build the fcukers up and they always always let you down.:(

Noooooooo!

I'll be there Pighead, I'll be there!

Pighead wrote: »
    You tell him DesF!

Its the first evening of the brand new season and as you've been telling all these plebs all year "Go to your local ground and support your club ffs"

DesF you're a beacon amongst all these cavemen in their dark caves. Your dedication to your club knows your limits. The cold weather won't stop you making it to Tolka next November. Family death? You'll have to try harder than that son. Dependable Des is what Pighead shall call you from now on.

STOP PRESS: THIS JUST IN: DESF IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT GOING TO TOLKA PARK TONIGHT. HE IS INSTEAD GOING TO A BEER GUTS AND RECEDING HAIRLINES NIGHT OUT IN THE PORTERHOUSE.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55330439&postcount=26556

Ah Pighead, you build the fcukers up and they always always let you down.:(

Eh, i think he is going to the game. I was going to suggest earlier that a top of the table clash would surely be more important that a BGRH meeting. But i think he is actually commited to the cause.

I hope all the Shels fans are on here on Monday after taking a home beating!!!:)

ibh wrote: »
    Eh, i think he is going to the game. I was going to suggest earlier that a top of the table clash would surely be more important that a BGRH meeting. But i think he is actually commited to the cause.
    Alas ibh, I think we've lost him. Another young Irish man taken away from us by the drink.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55332185&postcount=453
    MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Noooooooo!

I'll be there Pighead, I'll be there!

Good man Joe! From now on whenever I think of Shels I'll associate you with being their No.1 fan. And whenever I think of hurt and betrayal it'll be DesF's name that comes into my head.

SectionF wrote: »
    Big Club contribution: (isn't great to be back all the same :D)
    That's a crooked comparison. No one referred to 'the real Rovers', just Rovers. Everyone who calls themselves Something Rovers is entitled to refer to themselves as Rovers. I'm with Sligo on this one, and opposed to Shamrock.

You lot still calling yourselves the Big Pub? :D

So big you have a Rovers fan in charge who has explicitly stated he will jump ship as soon as his dream job comes along? Still our feeder club despite the moderate flurry of success in the late 90's.

Also so big you are so strapped for cash after squandering the builders deposit that you are allowing all banned hooligans (including the Derry 4) back in if they stump up a grand? :D

God bless the average bozo and his delusions of mediocrity.

Pighead wrote: »
    Alas ibh, I think we've lost him. Another young Irish man taken away from us by the drink.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55332185&postcount=453

I'm not so hot on the ol interweb Pighead so i won't be attaching any liks into my post but i'm sure i read in BGRH today that DesF would be p1ssing off for the match for a couple of hours..
    It scuppered my plans to question his commitment.

i think an admin ban on desf bitching about people not going to El games is in order..

To Feedback Pighead post haste!!!

And im off to watch the Saints :D

wheeeee!

kdjac

You lot still calling yourselves the Big Pub? :D

So big you have a Rovers fan in charge who has explicitly stated he will jump ship as soon as his dream job comes along? Still our feeder club despite the moderate flurry of success in the late 90's.

Also so big you are so strapped for cash after squandering the builders deposit that you are allowing all banned hooligans (including the Derry 4) back in if they stump up a grand? :D

God bless the average bozo and his delusions of mediocrity.
    Ah now, there's no need to be like that. It's only March!

• Advertisement

ibh wrote: »
    I'm not so hot on the ol interweb Pighead so i won't be attaching any liks into my post but i'm sure i read in BGRH today that DesF would be p1ssing off for the match for a couple of hours..
    It scuppered my plans to question his commitment.
    Lets pray your right ibh. Otherwise I can never look one of his posts in the eye again.

My disdain for your club and your fickle, hypocritical moralising, hooligan sheltering, drinking den masquerading as a football club lasts for all 12 months. :D

My disdain for your club and your fickle, hypocritical moralising, hooligan sheltering, drinking den masquerading as a football club lasts for all 12 months. :D
    :) Made me laugh anyway!

Really disappointed I'm not going to the match tomorrow.

rté better have all their top talent on show.

I want to see Dunphy calling Drogs a bunch of bottlers!

I'm not gonna bite. I'll just say that you shouldn't really be bringing up hooligans, and that you need to upgrade from the News of the World some time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The time is here. My long 16/16a bus journey from Leonards Corner to Tolka, going up a traffic haven on Georges St and Dorset St , yes it's back. Only 2 hours and 8 minutes till kick-off.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

About to head off to Tolka myself now. Can't wait

I'm almost tempted to go to the Shels game just for the hell of it because I only live five minutes from the stadium.

I would have to be in an area completely on my own though, heckling both teams!

I'm almost tempted to go to the Shels game just for the hell of it because I only live five minutes from the stadium.

I would have to be in an area completely on my own though, heckling both teams!

Join us in the big stand behind the goals! We need you! Actually, nah, Rovers fan... sorry buddy not tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wexford 0 Blues 1

Ryan Guy was the hero for St Pat's with two goals as the Saints opened their campaign with a 3-1 in a game that was delayed due to a clash of colours, writes Mark Cummins.

Following the subsequent standoff, the game finally kicked off at 8.20pm with Sligo sporting Pat's navy 2nd choice kit.

Having waited so long, the 2,000+ crowd were looking for some exciting but apart from a brief Rovers effort on five minutes, there was little to cheer for either set of supporters in a dull opening.

That Rovers chance came about when Fahrudin Kudozovic sent a half cross/half shot toward goal. Jamie McKenzie got a foot to it but the ball spun over the top.

There was nothing much to entertain until the 23rd minute when Pat's new signing Gary Dempsey struck a tremendous shot that was expertly saved by Sligo 'keeper Patrick Jennings.

The game was springing to life now and Rovers took a dramatic lead on 25 minutes when McKenzie collected the ball just outside the 6-yard box after good work by Conor O'Grady and Chris Butler.

Pat's had a chance to get level on 29 but Jennings made a superb save with his foot from Dempsey. Jennings enjoyed a good spell after that and made a save from a Keith Fahey header on 38 and a Gary O'Neill shot on 42.

Pat's came more into it in the second half and Bobby Ryan was yellow-carded on 56 for diving in the box.

Pat's pushed on and drew level on the hour mark when Jamie Harris, starting his second spell at the club, headed home from inside the box.

Mark Quigley very nearly put Pat's ahead just seconds later but narrowly failed to connect with Gary O'Neill's ball.

But Pat's US star Guy turned the game on its head with two dramatic goals on 65 and 67 minutes. The first,, a header, was from inside the area whilst the second was a cracker from about 25 yards out.

St Patrick's Athletic: Ryan, Lynch, Partridge, O Cearuill, Harris, Dempsey, Ryan (Byrne 61), Fahey, Guy, O'Neill, (Brennan 90+1) Quigley (Kirby 86).

Sligo Rovers: Jennings, Cretaro, Butler, Almeida, McKenzie, O'Grady, Murphy (Curran 82), Moore (Judge 61), Boco, Kuduzovic, Doherty (Cash 66).

Altho they correct the game was delayed it was due to crowd congestion not the ref not allowing sligo to wear white as it clashed with our red as the shorts where white too, but he allowed them to wear our navy away geay with their white shorts and socks.

Our league is a joke.

kdjac

Yeah, but it's a joke your lot are currently sitting top of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Division 1 Results;
    Monaghan 1 - 0 Limerick 37
    Shelbourne 0 - 0 Dundalk
    Wexford Youths 1 - 2 Waterford U.
    Oh c'mon Dundalk!? A nil all draw? Ya's should be doing better than that! Waterford and Monaghan are infront of you! Monaghan are dreadful! FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Just in from the Wexford game, great occasion and wexford definetly deserved a point, Waterford had a man sent off but should have been 1 or 2 more, WX got punished for two sloppy defensive mistakes.
    If Wateford are one of the top teams in this division Wexford should be good for a top 4 or 6 finish. Great game, great occasion, 2-3000 crowd. Cant wait for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hey Des were you at the match? What was it like? Did Philly play for ya's?

• Advertisement

Yeah, but it's a joke your lot are currently sitting top of!

no excuse for incompetence.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Nailz wrote: »
    Hey Des were you at the match? What was it like? Did Philly play for ya's?

Came on as a sub. Scored but was ruled out for offside. Was looking at the footage after the game and the camera didn't catch the line so no idea if he was off or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Top of the league! Top of the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

"Mathews" OUT.

An absolutely clueless performance from City tonight. Only a sign from things to come. Dublin "B"anker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That mix up at Pats is an absolute joke. How are people gonna take the leaguee seriously with sh*te like that going on?

• Advertisement
Advertisement