Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 - Wii or PS2?

Options
  • 06-03-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Ok so I missed the whole Resi 4 boat and I'm looking forward to buying it now but I want to know which version is better - wii or ps2?

I've looked at reviews but I'de like to get people's opinions (I trust you lot more)...
    Is it almost like two completely different games because of the control system?
    I've heard this is one of the best games in years so I wanna play it on the best console for it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I haven't played the PS2 version but all I can say is that the Wii versions controls worked REALLY well in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea that's good to hear, I was afraid that maybe they would get old after the first hour or so and I'de be sitting there wishing for a regular controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definatly the Wii. Better controls, better graphics, and afaik, it has the proper cutscenes (i.e. whatever outfits you have on in game, you have on in the cutscene).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Definitely the Wii version :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dare I say the GC version?

But seriously, given also the proper widescreen support in the Wii edition, plus the nice controls, has to be the Ninty edition.

Still jump at the sound of a 2-stroke motor, the feckers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Wii all the way , yep that chainsaw guy gotta love him !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can use a GC controller with the Wii version (check out how to do it online), if for some odd reason you don't get along with the Wii controls (aka "Dave McCarthy-ism")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Definitely go for the Wii version, it's by far the best of the console versions.
    koneko wrote: »
    (aka "Dave McCarthy-ism")
    I prefer then term "idiocy"...
    It would've been fine on its own if he didn't then go on to slate A WII GAME for having outdated grapics...
    His Lost Oddysey review seems fairly spot on though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Kiith wrote: »
    it has the proper cutscenes (i.e. whatever outfits you have on in game, you have on in the cutscene).

That has to be one of the worst arguements for buying a game on a certain console i've ever heard!:D

I think the wii is the obvious choice, unless your really stuck for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

The Gamecube version is the only version I've played.....so GC gets mah vote :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i was very impressed by the ps2 version...havent played the will version and dont intend to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

Only played the GC and PS2 versions personally; GC gets my vote though. As far as I know the scale goes Wii>GC>PS2. Depends on how you like to control though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Wii version has its quirks (I find sniping A LOT harder than in PS2) but, once you get used to it, it's a really neat control setup.

Plus it looks tons better than the PS2 port.

*ninja-edit* Aiming's fine, sniping's hard (for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

graphically, the Wii version is superior. I know because I played Res4 on the PC which uses the PS2 textures, you can get a mod that lets you replace them with the Wii textures and the game looks 100 times better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bigsalabdul

The GC was awesome but cuz of the remotes on the wii, it makes so much better! my best game on the wii right now.

:D

Advertisement