Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Apartment - Price Neg?

Options
  • 06-03-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Considering buying a new two bed apartment - part of a block of 70, which are to be launched in the next few months. These were previously advertised at €435k initially now at €390k. Being a new apartment are these prices negotiable or just take it or leave it?

Block part of the Phoenix Park Racecourse any info would be great.

EDIT: www.phoenixparkracecourse.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

You mean

http://www.phoenixparkracecourse.com

and yes, everything is negotiable. But dont try to negotiate too hard, or they'll just say no... how hard is too hard? who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sarahhurray

check the sound insulation in those before you buy heard bad things but could be a different phase of the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Not sure if I agree with Patrick, I think you should initially bargain extremely hard with them - let's be honest, there is ZERO chance that those apartments are moving quickly right now, even if they are 'priced competively', there are not enough buyers in the market for Dublin apartments. Developers need cash flow, find one who is hurting and you will be able to drive a really hard bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

OP, yes you can negotiate price but I can tell you that particular agent won't really budge even though the others will. Don't know why they're so stubborn. I'd still offer less than the asking price though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TheGirlCousins

Thanks all for your relpies, will take into consideration when viewing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

check out www.neighbours.ie for residents discussions. Can give you a general jist of the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

we bought an apartment in town off the plans 18 months ago (still not finished). we paid 20k deposit but looking around now there are so many good deals...does anyone know if we can cancel without losing our deposit??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You should ask your solicitor. But almost certainly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Dmaurice wrote: »
    we bought an apartment in town off the plans 18 months ago (still not finished). we paid 20k deposit but looking around now there are so many good deals...does anyone know if we can cancel without losing our deposit??

If you signed a contract, you cannot get out withut losing your deposit. Your at the mercy of the builder if you want out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What are the terms of the deposit? Some deposits are refundable immediately, others aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

we called my solicitor and he said we're tied in....if its only 5k depoist you can call their bluff but not worth riskin it to lose my 20k!! we're still happy enough - paid 340k for a 2 bed in island key, east wall so sound enough pricing in an area with a lot happeining in it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

You should get your solicitor to look at the contract...most say that the house/apt must be built within X months of contract being signed (or reasonable timeframe). If so you may be able to get out of the contract.....but dont expect the builder to give it up without a fight (or to ever do business with them again!)...but if other new apartments in the same block/development are up for sale at a lower price you may be able to get the developer to lower their price

Advertisement