Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batch File help

Options
  • 06-03-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi All,

I need to write a batch file which can :

a) Open a exe on a shared drive on the network

b) i need to enter a password into the exe

Can this be done with a batch file?
    Any pointers on how to go about this. ,

As you may have guessed I've never really done anything with batch files or dos command for that matter

Thanks

- Elfman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It can if the exe can take command line parameters to enter the password?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Yep,
    if the user is already authenticated to connect to the file server (where the share is hosted), then the batch file will run the program on your local computer, when you provide the full path to the executable.

As well as the password, Microsoft supplied patches, installs and some programs often have "silent" "no gui" and "accept eula" switches that you might also need to set.

Typically on windows programs you check for such switches by going to the command prompt and typing /? after the name of the file, or search their web site.

If it's a common program that you are looking to install someone here might have the list of switches to hand.

Advertisement