Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Theme needs a bit of updating.

Options
  • 06-03-2008 2:34pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There are a number of things missing from the mobile theme and with more people using their mobile to browse the net it would probably be a good idea to sort the theme. Of the top of my head here's everything I can see (Sorry CuLT).
    • When viewing a pm there is no options to reply or or forward.
    • No quote, multiquote or report post button (not sure how well they'd work on a mobile screen, it may just clutter things up a bit too much).
    • On the forums index page, some of the forum links are just text so you can't actually browse to some forums.
    • There is no nospam question when you try to search without being logged in (might be the case with posting un-regged too).
    Suggested in this thread was a simple enough to remember link that would change the theme to the mobile theme. Maybe have something like www.boards.ie/mobile that would redirect to www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php?styleid=40 . It's a lot easier to remember.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hmm, well I was thinking of ditching the current mobile theme altogether and putting in something a bit more clever.

It'd be nice to know if a skin made for WAP or one designed with the iPhone in mind would be more popular.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What would the difference be between one designed for wap and one designed for an iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

No, no iphone theme. But no wap theme either. Most people have browsers in between wap and the iphone in capabilities.

... my two cent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement