Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's more important ladies

Options
  • 06-03-2008 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭

Looks or Sense of humour?

I've got both when i'm drunk so i've nothing to worry about but just to put it out there really.

Looks or sense of humour 14 votes

Got to be a looker
    0% 0 votes
    Ugly but funny and a big wallet
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Looks initially when you first meet, but sense of humour in the long run. Plus if your not that gifted in the looks dept. a good sense of humour will make you attractive to girls who know you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

sense of humor, whats the point of waiting him to be good looking if they got the humor of a plank:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

A bit of both really.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Dun laoire wrote: »

I've got both when i'm drunk so i've nothing to worry about but just to put it out there really.

When drunk?? So what are you like when sober? Ugly and dull? ;)

Anyway, imo personality ftw. No point in spending your time with a good looking guy who's got the personality of a rock.

Although there has to be something about the guy that you're attracted to, no point in it if you can't imagine yourself getting down and dirty with them. I'm too young to be looking for companionship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

OP, how old are you? This seems like a ridiculous question to be asking past the age of 12....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

You sound like a winner. A funny, goodlooking, modest drunk? Where, oh where can I find you....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

LadyJ wrote: »
    OP, how old are you? This seems like a ridiculous question to be asking past the age of 12....

11 ;) x x

maple wrote: »
    When drunk?? So what are you like when sober? Ugly and dull? ;)

Anyway, imo personality ftw. No point in spending your time with a good looking guy who's got the personality of a rock.

Although there has to be something about the guy that you're attracted to, no point in it if you can't imagine yourself getting down and dirty with them. I'm too young to be looking for companionship.

It was only a matter of time before i was gonna be pulled up on that. Anyway it's rare i'm sober so it doesnt matter :D Ye little minx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Looks, I'm a shallow biatch. But some of us are lucky enough to have fellas that have both ;)

OP are you saying that good looking guys don't have a sense of humour? You can have both you know. It is possible believe it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

A bit of both definitely, no point in having a looker if your bored all the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Both also, we need to be able to have a good laugh together as well as being attracted to each other. Pretty much a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

A good looking fella will get less good looking by the minute if hes boring/no sense of humour until hes not remotely attractive.

A less good looking man will get more attractive by the minute if hes being sarcastic and witty (shows intelligence imo) and making me laugh.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Looks, I'm a shallow biatch. But some of us are lucky enough to have fellas that have both ;)

OP are you saying that good looking guys don't have a sense of humour? You can have both you know. It is possible believe it or not!

Well lets just say there's only two blokes you can choose from. Dull but good looking or meh but bang on and made you laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I couldn't be with a good looking brick wall, or a mutt ugly comedian. Maybe Bill Bailey would do, if he wore a mask from time to time ;)

It was only a matter of time before i was gonna be pulled up on that. Anyway it's rare i'm sober so it doesnt matter :D Ye little minx
    ;)
    Well lets just say there's only two blokes you can choose from. Dull but good looking or meh but bang on and made you laugh.
    Then meh but bang on. Definitely. Intelligence and good humour is a turn on imo.

Although it does depend how meh he is. I'm no Mother Theresa giving it all to charity cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Oh the dilemma! Feck it I'd go for the dull good looking one and make him sit through weeks of Billy Connolly and Bill Bailey videos. I'll beat a sense of humour in to him!

;)

Then meh but bang on. Definitely. Intelligence and good humour is a turn on imo.

Although it does depend how meh he is. I'm no Mother Theresa giving it all to charity cases.

what if he were to be stupid but funny. I'm just working out my chances here. Let's say for example i was terrible at geography but i always got picked first in rounders, would that be o.k like??

what if he were to be stupid but funny. I'm just working out my chances here. Let's say for example i was terrible at geography but i always got picked first in rounders, would that be o.k like??

Oh sure, he'd need to be fit. ;)

Oh sure, he'd need to be fit. ;)

Careful now!! The boys up the corridor wont be too impressed. :D

Careful now!! The boys up the corridor wont be too impressed. :D

Lol. :D

Perhaps I should have better qualified that remark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Y2J IS GOD

no matter what anyone says its looks that you notice first in a fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Funny is v. important, but you have to find the person attractive! As for a big wallet, not very relevant in my opinion, but they have to be good in bed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I think the older you get the less important looks become in finding a life partner.

If you're young and just out for a bit of fun then all the good looking guys usually get first preferance (till you find out they possibly have a brain the size of a chicken :D)

If you have a boyfriend thats better looking than you...spends more time shopping or grooming than you then hogs the mirror.... fair play to ya.

I'm much more into someone i have a laugh with, someone i have common interests with.....looks fade.

Oh yeah and a big wallet.....in fact the word "big" in general where your man is concerned is no bad thing ;) unless it's his ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Clare Bear wrote: »

Bit like that mysmelf. theres no point lying about it. ive been on loads of dates with sound blokes where i just dont fancy them physically AT ALL and I think you need to fancy them even just a little bit.

But then it also happens that if you're around someone regularly enoguh and you like their personality...it does happen. but generally looks first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

bit of both i.e. looks and personality. :cool::)

big wallet wouldn't attract me if the aforementioned qualities didn't exist. eeugh

there's nothing more off putting than a personality-less knob with a few squids.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bunnywabbit*

I love any guy who can make me laugh :)

But I'll admit, I LOVE a guy with long hair :o

Humour isn't top of my list, it grand in moderation but too much is a massive turn off for me. I see it as little more than loudmouthed attention seeking.

Physical attraction is cruical but it is more than just finding someones look appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

WindSock wrote: »
    Maybe Bill Bailey would do, if he wore a mask from time to time ;)

Gonna have to disagree with you there, I'd gladly go out with Bill Bailey, he comes across as really interesting (and obviously very funny). I'm a hetero male though, so the sex stuff might be a bit awkward :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

It's not that clear cut - a third option is deffinately required! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Its appearance you notice first

Advertisement