Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting an amstaff in ireland?? help please

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

cowzerp wrote: »
    For 1 i did not use my mouth, i used my keyboard, i never said your parents are stupid and your the 1 making them out to be ignorant of the facts-accept it as it is, there house there rules!!! i'll repeat what i said, i believe you want to boast about having an am staff, if im wrong and your parents arent ignorant-what is the actual reason for them wanting the bigger more dangerous dog? :confused:

Have to agree with all the above. Its how I read things too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goloka

Hi
    Now in Ireland are few american staffordshire terrier.
    We're first amstaff kennel registration in IKC.
    We espect puppies near end of the September
    *snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Are the dog's ears are cropped in the photos on your website :mad: I'm also getting a warning about this site when I look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

goloka wrote: »
    Hi
    Now in Ireland are few american staffordshire terrier.
    We're first amstaff kennel registration in IKC.
    We espect puppies near end of the September
    Our website is http://www.goloka-fci.com

Hi golaka your dogs are lovely looking but just to warn you now that your breeding in ireland ear cropping is considered a mutilation and is illegal here..im surprised you were able to find a vet in poland to do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Aru wrote: »
    Hi golaka your dogs are lovely looking but just to warn you now that your breeding in ireland ear cropping is considered a mutilation and is illegal here..im surprised you were able to find a vet in poland to do it....

i may stand corrected but isnt tail docking too , some vets will do it but some wont .

i do think those type of dogs are much better to look at with cropped ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Tail docking is not illegal in ireland at the moment although im sure it wont be long before it is made illegal. Even though its not illegal, you wont find many vets who will carry it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

Shammy wrote: »
    i may stand corrected but isnt tail docking too , some vets will do it but some wont .

i do think those type of dogs are much better to look at with cropped ears.

tail dock isnt illegal yet but its heading that way..since january 09 a vet found to have docked pups for cosmetic reasons they can be called before the veterinary council and either suspended or struck off the register.they also dont teach tail docking of pups in the vet colllages in ireland and britain anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

No text speak please, you have a full keyboard please use it.
    Also can we stay on topic please, info about amstaffs/experience/advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

very nice good luck with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goloka

Shammy wrote: »
    very nice good luck with them

thanks, I hope all will be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I am surprised that the board admin allowed pics of mutilated dogs and blantant sales posts. I have reported your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am surprised at your backseat modding EGAR.
    Report a post by all means just do not quote or reply to it. This applies to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Report a post by all means just do not quote or reply to it. This applies to everyone.

My apologies, I was incensed (sp?) by pics of mutilated dogs. What is back seat modding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Q. What is backseat modding?

A. Backseat modding is when a user acts like a moderator or tells a moderator how to do their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marieclaire2

im looking for the email or number of goloka kennels with a view to hopefully getting a puppy to show , im an experienced exhibitor and judge and was thinking of importing but believe there is a breeder /exhibitor here already so that would be be good news can anyone help please
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Don't have time to sift through now - but if you google 'goloka kennels' it throws up their website and other links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marieclaire2

thank you I will try again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

I know this thread's old now, but just wanted to point out something. The Amstaff is a pitbull, the name difference is only there because at some dogshows people don't like to hear the name 'pitbull', so the name american staffordshire came about. Some people will say that the AmStaff is more docile than the pitbull, which is true if you're comparing an amstaff from show lines to a oh lets say gamebred APBT. In Ireland, amstaffs and pitbulls are really all the one, with maybe some exceptions here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Kev M wrote: »
    I In Ireland, amstaffs and pitbulls are really all the one, with maybe some exceptions here and there.

How can they be the same breed and also be different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

deuceswild wrote: »
    How can they be the same breed and also be different?

Politics

• Advertisement
Advertisement