Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob a stupid Q!

Options
  • 06-03-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

In my workplace we had an intranet which I currently upload data to an access file on it.. I'm getting swamped with work and want to know is it possible to take the access database onto my laptop and work at night from home and to come in the next day to upload it the data I have inputted? Is this possible? I'm no genius on computers but I know a fair bit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Strawberries07

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ehh...your company might frown upon you taking the data home tbh.

At least in work they have their own security measures in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

kaimera wrote: »
    Ehh...your company might frown upon you taking the data home tbh.

At least in work they have their own security measures in place.
    +1 Talk to your boss or IT guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

Sherifu wrote: »
    +1 Talk to your boss or IT guys

Not really a security issue. Not a lot of detailed information on it really. Just A data system. no personell or finances or anything on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

talk to your boss/it people

A - in many companies this would be a disciplinary issue

B - they can tell you the best way to do it, if two people took the same .mdb file home to work on , then most likely at least one would loose all changes unless someone were able to wave some IT magic on it.

Advertisement