Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance calls from USA

Options
  • 06-03-2008 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm getting about 4-5 calls a day on my mobile from a US number (+12013738371), this has gone on all week. I simply, hang up, i.e. press the end call button without answering. When I got the first call I answered and there was silence before an automated voice started to speak, I immediately hung up. I'm with Vodafone and rang them to see if I can get the call/number barred, but the girl I spoke to said they don't do that and I have to go to the garda station???

Anyone else had this problem, it's really p***ing me off at the moment.

Marky

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

We have 2 shops and we have been receiving the same calls all week, at least 3/4 a day. I took down the number and its exactly the same as the one you posted here. They keep asking for the manager/owner, I am the manager and owners daughter, but I don't tell them that as I have a feeling this is a scam we got caught with before by a company called 'Paper Roll Logistics'. Last year they rang asking for the manager and I stupidly told them that was me, then they start telling me that they are doing our visa roll order and want to confirm details with me. I fell for it as I wasn't aware that they weren't who we got the paper rolls from. They sent us stock, then a bill for over €300 and my fiancee who works in the business also, told me it was a scam and we tried to contact them to send the items back as we didn't want them, but they wouldn't allow us to send back and continued to call for months & months demanding us to pay, and were quite rude & aggressive. I read on another forum last October that they were being closed down by the courts, and we didn't hear from them again...until now...I think!

I have refused to tell them the name of the owner, or give them any contact details this time, as has my staff. We have asked them over & over for the company name, who is calling, what they want etc, but they keep saying they will call back & hang up. We told them today not to bother calling back as they won't get the owner here and if they can't give us a message or their details we won't be speaking to them any further.

Its ridiciulous now, and I am sure this is the same company as last year, but probably under a new name, so beware anyone who gets calls from them, don't say a word....don't give them any details as they record you and catch you out that way.

hope this helps.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-201-373-8371/24Just one of the google hits that number gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

KtK wrote: »
    http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-201-373-8371/24Just one of the google hits that number gets.

the name appearing in this link is the same as a salesperson i have dealt with in a multinational computer manufacturer.....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

More calls today, plus more from another f***ing number +16169802284. This is really annoying, three calls already today, will be 6 or 7 by end of day.

W**kers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Is it just an automated message or is there a person on the far end? Blast some really loud shrill noise down the line at them, might put them off calling again. Plugging your phone line into a fax might do it, although that would obviously affect legitimate callers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I was getting these calls 6 - 7 times a day from that number. They were ringing my work number and it was so annoying. I was nearly pulling my hair out at one stage. Nobody was ever on the end and if I tried to call back the number there was never anybody there.

Eventually my boss answered it one day and some guy, sounded India and stared to try and sell him something. He simply told him where to go and we havent received any of them since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Gerry_J

I got this caller five times a day since last Tuesday; it’s some dumb ass Indian guy on the line, looking for the managing director to try and sell something, so finally when they ring me now I just say “Please stop trying to sell me Weapons grade Anthrax and Biological weapons” I am just not interested, the guy just panicked and hung up immediately no further calls. I hope the visit from the feds is as pleasant as the body cavity search these guys are going to get from some over worked and under paid 18 stone 6 foot guy called Bubba. It’s not every day you get the chance to just take the complete and utter pxss out of one of these numb nutts. It just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling all over. The best revenge got on these guys is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_PjRXV5l8
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Regards. Gerry

Advertisement