Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UDL Connections + Delphi

Options
  • 06-03-2008 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Ok, gonna try explain this as best i can ><.

I have setup a UDL connection and linked it with my TADOQuery, that works grand and i can access the Database.

What i want to do is change which database the UDL points to at run time, the user should be able to type in a server name, and i then want a comboBox to populate with any databases that are present on that server.
    The user would then select whichever database they want to use, and the program would then use this data to generate reports.

I think i can work out how to pass the Server name into the UDL string, but is there a way to tell the UDL to search for databases on the server, and then how can i get that data to the combobox?

Hope that makes sense
    Cheers
    Endo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MickyJoe

Would an OpenDialog (TOpenDialog) work for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

A UDL file is just a connection string in Plain text,, you could create it at run time..

Just right click on the UDL and open it in Notepad..

Advertisement