Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tournie III - Entry and Suggestions

• 06-03-2008 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

KingP35 Maybe you can out this as a sticky mate?

Okay Number II went well.........so heres to another. Anyone can enter no matter what your standard is...........also bring friends aswell if interested.

Where: The Farmhouse Pub
    When: Saturday 26th April
    Time: Registration before 1pm
    How Much: €10 Entry

Heres a map

Also the 46A and 746 Buses drive past the Farmhouse Pub.

If you need any more info and have any ideas that may help please just shout.

So far entered is:
    Rented Mule
    Rebel021
    MBC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Will t-shirts and merchandising for the event be made available ?? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭dubdarts

is this just for men or can women enter??

either way i might go out to have a look at how the practice is going for your return game against gary the following month:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Women can enter as well, there is no sexual discrimination on Boards :)

I might be back in time for this one so I'll put my name down as well.

Glad to see the tournaments are getting more regular now. Fair play MBC for getting this one going so quick!

Stickied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

MBC wrote: »
    ..........also bring friends aswell if interested.

No don't bring friends, they'll only knock you out ............ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Cheers KingP35

Taken from Boards II Thread "Angryhippie +2, possibly a 3rd, will confirm it.
    I'm raging, I've been on boards since October or so, and I've never looked at the darts forum, even though I love it...And I've just missed the big '08 competition.
    Definitely down for the next one, and two of the lads I usually battle with
    "

Of course Dubdarts woman allowed aswell.........practice? what practice?;):D

• Advertisement

Will t-shirts and merchandising for the event be made available ?? lol

Hmmmm let me think *MBC opens up a box labelled "Think"* sorry the answer is..........A big fat NO.........thank you for your question please call again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

Hmmmm let me think *MBC opens up a box labelled "Think"* sorry the answer is..........A big fat NO.........thank you for your question please call again:D

I think we should...then we wouldnt have to look at rentedmule shirt that he wore last tourney lol

I think we should...then we wouldnt have to look at rentedmule shirt that he wore last tourney lol

You dare to badmouth 'Animal' from the Muppet Show ???

muppets-animal.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGXtuVmJrqJbmCfwEIGVYmrMIAK5A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭dubdarts

MBC - I might have a few darts 08 calanders left over from the last ime the lads were here although im not sure. ill see if i can dig them out for you to give out....lol.

if i had of known before now i would have gotten some stuff from the m.i.b. shop to give out as prizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Count me in, in this tournament and my mate would be interested in this too, how many is expected to take part in this??Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

matty84 wrote: »
    Count me in, in this tournament and my mate would be interested in this too, how many is expected to take part in this??Cheers

Well the first tournament had 20 and the second had 16 but already there is a big interest in this one by the looks of things so hopefully we will have a good few at this one.

Lets make the Boards tournament Irelands premier Darts competition :)

dubdarts wrote: »
    MBC - I might have a few darts 08 calanders left over from the last ime the lads were here although im not sure. ill see if i can dig them out for you to give out....lol.

if i had of known before now i would have gotten some stuff from the m.i.b. shop to give out as prizes.

Nice one dubdarts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Kingp35 wrote: »

Lets make the Boards tournament Irelands premier Darts competition :)

Its gonna be a darting extravaganza:D

Will you be back from your journeys in time for this pal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Always on weekends where I am gone away ;(

Talked to the manager last night all is sorted for the farmhouse.........he may even throw in a few farmhouse "speciality" sambos........wait till yis taste these lads there fanplastic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

Talked to the manager last night all is sorted for the farmhouse.........he may even throw in a few farmhouse "speciality" sambos........wait till yis taste these lads there fanplastic:D

These will be served with the stale crisps and bacon fries

matty84 wrote: »
    Will you be back from your journeys in time for this pal?

Yeah i'm pretty sure I will be back so looking forward to playing, although I havent thrown a dart in 7 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Yeah i'm pretty sure I will be back so looking forward to playing, although I havent thrown a dart in 7 months!

Don't worry the way I'm playing at the moment I would need at least seven years to get any good scoring going:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 harrybosch

hi guys,

Long time reader of the forum, I play a small bit of darts,a int that good and i was just wondering what kind of standard the tournament is?..... like 3 dart average roughly...

Howdy harrybosch...........from the last tournie id say the average 3 darts would prob have been around the 60 mark for 3 darts. Some games went 18+ darts others 30+ for 501.

The difference i noticed with the lads who advanced was the finishing.......the eventual winner JR didnt go many doubles with more than 3 darts.

Sure pop along for the crack anyway. The standard really does vary.

• Advertisement

harrybosch wrote: »
    hi guys,

Long time reader of the forum, I play a small bit of darts,a int that good and i was just wondering what kind of standard the tournament is?..... like 3 dart average roughly...

The standard is very mixed, there is some very decent throwers and then there are a few jokers like myself ;)

Honestly I wouldn't worry about how good a player you are, it's all about getting a bit of experience and having a laugh. You may as well come along and give it a go.

I would stick around for the game of 'killers' afterwards if you want to see some 'jokers' lol

The field is fairly level with a few exceptional shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 clarker07

sounds gd i be ou need 2 get more tournaments on but !!
    do u sign in ou der on the day

Yeah just come along on the day if you want to enter.

Yeah just come along on the day if you want to enter.

Seriously, this is the best advice in the entire thread.

I spent the better part of two hours on a bus going to the last tourney, and it was worth every minute of it.

Just come out and have a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 phil'ios

how ya lads. i just joined the site, if it wasn't for yous' i wouldn't know wat a dart board in dublin looked like. i've been playin a bit in the lantern harolds x and was wondering if a stranger like me could play in your comp. in monkstown. phil'ios

p.s i'm still learnin the rules and can bearly chalk a board.

phil'ios wrote: »
    how ya lads. i just joined the site, if it wasn't for yous' i wouldn't know wat a dart board in dublin looked like. i've been playin a bit in the lantern harolds x and was wondering if a stranger like me could play in your comp. in monkstown. phil'ios

p.s i'm still learnin the rules and can bearly chalk a board.

Of course all welcome. See ya on the 26th.

thanks a mil mate, dont laugh too much when ye see my shinny bearly used darts. do you ever organise any comps closer to the city centre.

Well if anyone closer to town would be interested in organising the Boards Comp IV closer to town or anywhere in town..........they would be more than welcome. All you need really is somewhere that sells booze and the use of preferably 3 darts boards (but 2 worked fine in the silver tassie) from 1pm till bout 8pm.

The 1st two tournies were in the Silver Tassie, now the 3rd will be in the Farmhouse.........the 4th who knows?

• Advertisement

Well if anyone closer to town would be interested in organising the Boards Comp IV closer to town or anywhere in town..........they would be more than welcome. All you need really is somewhere that sells booze and the use of preferably 3 darts boards (but 2 worked fine in the silver tassie) from 1pm till bout 8pm.

The 1st two tournies were in the Silver Tassie, now the 3rd will be in the Farmhouse.........the 4th who knows?

:rolleyes: I'll talk to the lads in the lantern tonight, they were sayin last night that they hold a couple of charity comps for the hospise across the road, but i'm sure they would like a bit more comps to help promot the game, they have three boards and can put up forth no hassle. gerry tom and anthony are the heads down they, real sound guys. i think they sponsor one of the leagues aswell.:o. wat do play round robin or knock out. or both

Advertisement