Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tournie III - Entry and Suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Depending on the numbers............we try to play knock out..........and the losers in the 1st round will go into there own comp sorta thing.........so everyone gets at least 2 games..........but it really depends on the numbers and number of boards aswell.

The one in the Tassie was just knockout as there was only 2 boards...........but afterwards we played a game of killers and there was loads in the pub at this stage......ended up being about 30/40 people playing........it was crazy trying to mark it but it turned out well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 phil'ios

hi all, i was in the lantern in harolds x and told him about yourselves organising tournies and well he would be happy to help.

so i'm wonderin is there many folk out there interested in a tournie in the harolds cross area. he has four boards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Is this tournie still on!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah it certainly is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

What's the plan for Saturday ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Stick me down! I dont think the darting world is ready for "Der Bumblebee!" :D but it better be, 26 and 45 will be the order of the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Hey MBC i think ben fitz willie clive and the old dear are getting into it saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DugOut

Phil'ios, what is the situation regarding palying darts in the Lantern in Harolds X? Can anyone call in an play? Do they have a league team or competitons? Any information would be great, thanks.

What's the plan for Saturday ?

This is what im thinking please throw in ur tupins worth............We will have 3 boards up........so everyone registered will go into the main draw........1st round will be played on the 3 boards........winners will progress in the 2nd round main comp on boards 1 & 2.........maybe run another comp for all the 1st round losers on board 3 (if people wanted maybe charge €2 in or something like that)........at least everyone is guaranteed at least 2 matches?

Or else just run the whole comp on boards 1,2 &3 till it finishes and then have a monster game of killers or shanhai?

All depends on the numbers really.

MBC wrote: »
    This is what im thinking please throw in ur tupins worth............We will have 3 boards up........so everyone registered will go into the main draw........1st round will be played on the 3 boards........winners will progress in the 2nd round main comp on boards 1 & 2.........maybe run another comp for all the 1st round losers on board 3 (if people wanted maybe charge €2 in or something like that)........at least everyone is guaranteed at least 2 matches?

Or else just run the whole comp on boards 1,2 &3 till it finishes and then have a monster game of killers or shanhai?

All depends on the numbers really.

It all sounds cool to me.

Whatever everyone wants to do is fine with me.

• Advertisement

Just been looking at how far it is out of town, roughly how long on the bus would it take to get there as I have to get a train home.

On a saturday id imagine about 30/40mins on the 46A from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

On a saturday id imagine about 30/40mins on the 46A from town.

Or get the train to monkston on the 46a up to the farm

Get into heuston would have to get over to connolly and maybe get the dart might be the handiest.

Or get the train to monkston on the 46a up to the farm

Should be Dun laoghaire train station not Monkstown:rolleyes::p the 46A doesnt go near monkstown trainstation.

Should be Dun laoghaire train station not Monkstown:rolleyes::p the 46A doesnt go near monkstown trainstation.

School boy error soz, anyway to dun laoghaire then the 46a to monkstown farm

Alright so for someone taking the bus down (without a bottle of wine in my hand this time), what are the landmarks that I should be looking for in order to find the Farmhouse ?

if you are on the 46A or 764 look for bakers corner pub then you'll come to a big roundabout get of 2 stops after that and walk straight on for about 2 minutes and you'll see it Mule

Just ask the bus driver to let you out at the farmhouse pub.........and then sit behind him and at every stop ask him "are we dere yet?":D

Just ask the bus driver to let you out at the farmhouse pub.........and then sit behind him and at every stop ask him "are we dere yet?":D

watch out for bank of ireland and the big lidl shop in deansgrange u be only 6 stops from that 5 mins about ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Is anybody coming tomorrow have a repointer?
    If so I would like too secure your services......

You know that i would have no problem doing that. lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads im stuck in work and can't make the tournament! Fcuking office decides to fall apart on today of all days! :mad:

I'm well annoyed. Let me know how it all goes. Gonna try make it up later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I lost in the first round 3-2
    the semis were still playing when I left(son isn't well)
    only eight players but it was a good craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

Ste ended up winning the 8 man tournament.Pity there wasnt more but fair play to the lads for playing on anyway.Some good darts thrown looking forward to playing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 phil'ios

i won that first game 3-1 and i have no idea where those darts came from though, jammy is the word. i lost the next game to 'the mule':D he deserved it though. it was a really good day of darts, had a laugh. got 127 fin too that was cool. cheers:)

phil'ios wrote: »
    i won that first game 3-1 and i have no idea where those darts came from though, jammy is the word. i lost the next game to 'the mule':D he deserved it though. it was a really good day of darts, had a laugh. got 127 fin too that was cool. cheers:)

That 127 checkout left me sitting there with my mouth hanging wide open. lol

I got very lucky with that 107 checkout in the seventh leg. It seemed that I was either checking out in two darts (under 100) or throwing a dozen darts at double one. LOL

I don't think there was a single game (out of the seven) that had more than a single dart in it.

It was a shame that we didn't have more people out on the day, but it was great to get to meet everyone that showed up.

We need to start working on the Boards.ie Tournie IV now !!

Was a good day, really enjoyd it. Lost to philios there, I was far to inconsistent as always from hitting a 180 in the first throw of a leg to follow it up with 26 ;)v Look forward to the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

it sounded like a great laugh, annoyed that i couldn't be there had to work. :mad:

• Advertisement

hi all really enjoyed saturday delighted to have won well when you lose only one leg all day something is going good . See you's all at the next one

Advertisement