Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver

Options
  • 06-03-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I'm currently making a website for a college assignment using Dreamweaver CS3 and have come across a problem. I have emailed my lecturer with this question and have no reply so far so I'm asking here!

Basically as part of the brief the website can have little or no scrolling so in other words it should fit the screen. I designed my site on my laptop but when I view it in college the screens are smaller and thus there is a lot of scrolling, especially from right to left. Is there anyway to set the site that it automatically resizes for different screens or will I just have to remake the whole thing? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You should build your website to fit a 1024x768 screen resolution. Sounds like you have a widescreen laptop, but not everyone does. 1024x768 is the accepted standard at the moment.

You could also use variable widths by specifying percentages (i.e. width : 100%;) instead of absolute pixal values (not entirely sure how Dreamweaver handles this)... but this method often creates issues of it's own as you are forced to take into account the very wide, and the very narrow.

Advertisement