Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Swords Test Routes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

When is your test??

My instructor is excellent only thing is he is booked up till end of April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Rabbits

I recently did my test in Ballymun.I used a lady from Swords.Her name is Ger.She is under Gers school of motoring.I found her great.

fyr.When is your test?

Yesterday lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

test is in just over 2 weeks time. oh well guess ill have to check for someone else

• Advertisement

Did you pass?

I Found Personally.that If I Had To Choose Between Ballymun Or Swords,i Would Pick Ballymun.sgs Swords Is So Tight To Get Out Off,with All The Parked Cars.does Anyone Agree?

I did pass

I found that too with the cars rabitts, and actually got a grand 2 for giving them too much room, just a doors with is all thats required.

Oh well, its done now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Rabbits, stop clicking on that little triangle ;)

Has anybody been taking up the brackenstown road?Instead of the Rivervalley directions.Yeah your correct about the width of a car door rule.Great you past.I did my test in Ballymun in January.Driving only about seven months.

• Advertisement

No havn't heard anyone being brought up brackenstown, bit out of they way. The test is very quick and covers everything in a short area

Have you done a test Unkel ?

Whirl,try Gers school of motoring.She is based in Swords.

Anybody who has a test coming up,I would highly recommend Gers school of motoring.She lives in the Swords area.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi Whirl, the Instructor i used was Christie Kane. He is based on Donabate.

Fyr.Fytr. Congrats on passing your test!!! :D

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 higgins147

I actually found driving along with the parked cars around Airside was a help. I'd say twice on the way out I had to pull in to let someone pass me and likewise others pulled in to let me pass.

By the time I'd got to the main road the nerves were ok as everything had went well up until then :)

If you can't drive down a narrow road with some spots not wide enough for two cars then your not going to pass the rest of the test I wouldn't think as it's one of the easier parts i.e. driving 20km down a straight road. I found it a nice way to start the test.

I actually tryed the lessons with Christy from Donabate.Is it Christy with a black car?.Personally i didnt find him <SNIP>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NeratnsBerns

Oh well... Did me test in Swords todayo and didn't pass... :mad: I've totally messed it up with two big mistakes. I've never even been to Swords before. I had a lesson there the week before and and I drove around before the test just to see if there were any tricky bits.

Didn't go to Boroimhe though. Went right at the traffic lights from Airside and up to the roundabout, then left to the Swords Village and then into the series of very small windy roads with loadz of STOP signs around. You have to really have to know around a bit for the test there!

There were 3 girls taking test at the same time and I think only one of them passed...

Anyway... gonna apply for another one and take some more lessons :D

Has anybody been taking on a test route which does not involve any of the routes mentioned?

• Advertisement

I think the testers in Sgs Swords,should take people up by Brackenstown,Swords Manor.Around airside,River valley,areas can be a total nightmare to do a driving test in rush hour traffic conditions.Anyone agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Doppelganger

I have my test there next week just wondering if people know of any other routes I could be taken on. Wasn't too nervous until I heard people failing.

This is my instructor www.asom.ie

(hope the lessons payoff)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Apparently there are 9 routes you can be taken on. Not 100% sure about that but thats what I heard. I'd say it depends on what tester you get. Could even depend on the time of the day!

Rabbits - I have to say from my experience I found Christie Kane to be very good. Like i say thats just my experience.

ISM are also very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Doppelganger

Cheers, Im doin mine at 8.45am so if anyone else had it around that time feedback would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mark08

I Fail In Swords As Well On My Test They Were So Quick I Was Only Out For About 23 Mins He Said I Was To Slow Of The Roundabout And He Fail Me All My Left Turns Aswell There Was So Many Pepole Doing There Test The Day In Was Like They Dont Care Cause There Was So Many Pepole They Can Pass Who They Want I Am Driveing 3 Years What More Do They Want For Us Any One Doing There Test Watch Out For The 5 Exit Roundabout Make You Go When You Get Chance To :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mark08

Yes i know someone who failed their test last week in SGS Swords. They failed on lack of observation, right and left turns.
    There seems to be an unrealistic perception of SGS centres being easier to pass your test in but they are not. I have my test tomorrow morning in Swords and i have taken pre-test lessons as well as practising the routes in Boroimhe and River Valley but I am still anxious. Plus the person i know that failed in Swords found her tester to be very unfriendly so I wouldn't necessarily be going on the experience that other people are having in Swords. Good luck with your test.:)
    I FAIL ASWELL OUT IN SWORDS FOR LEFT AND RIGHT TURNS I DONT THINK ITS FAIR I NEVER BENN TO SWORDS IN MY LIFE BEFORE THE TEST WATCH OUT FOR THE 5 EXIT ROUNDABOUT MAKE SURE YOU GO WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE MY TESTER WASNT NICE GOOD LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mark08 wrote: »
    I DONT THINK ITS FAIR I NEVER BENN TO SWORDS IN MY LIFE
    So you don't think it's fair that you were asked to drive somewhere that you've never been before!

If you passed the test would you only confine your driving to places that you've been before? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snuggle Bunny

My friend has her test coming up in Swords early may and the route tips you've all given are fantastic, her instructor is Swords based as well and she said he's had her all over the place locally covering the routes you just dont know til the day what way they'll bring you fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone sittin the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I Fail In Swords As Well On My Test They Were So Quick I Was Only Out For About 23 Mins He Said I Was To Slow Of The Roundabout And He Fail Me All My Left Turns Aswell There Was So Many Pepole Doing There Test The Day In Was Like They Dont Care Cause There Was So Many Pepole They Can Pass Who They Want I Am Driveing 3 Years What More Do They Want For Us Any One Doing There Test Watch Out For The 5 Exit Roundabout Make You Go When You Get Chance To :mad:
    I FAIL ASWELL OUT IN SWORDS FOR LEFT AND RIGHT TURNS I DONT THINK ITS FAIR I NEVER BENN TO SWORDS IN MY LIFE BEFORE THE TEST WATCH OUT FOR THE 5 EXIT ROUNDABOUT MAKE SURE YOU GO WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE MY TESTER WASNT NICE GOOD LUCK
    mark08 - please show a bit of respect to readers by using standard type when posting here. A bit of punctuation wouldn't go astray either! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I didnt see Swords listed on the drivingtest.ie website ? Is it or if not where did you's apply too ?

Advertisement