Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you want to win MITB at WM?

• 06-03-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Who do you want to win MITB at WM?

Who do you want to win MITB at WM? 50 votes

Jeff Hardy
    0% 0 votes
    Mr. Kennedy
    52% 26 votes
    Chris Jericho
    12% 6 votes
    Carlito
    22% 11 votes
    Shelton Benjamin
    6% 3 votes
    Other
    8% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Y2J IS GOD

Hardy is probably the most over guy in the WWE at present and is a favourite to win but is he a legitimate contender for the WWE title or will he stay in the IC title contendership??? Is he a one hit wonder ????

I hope Jericho wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I want it to be Kane. You gotta love the big guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think WWE is smart enough to put the title on Hardy sometime this year. It'd be ideal for him to win MITB and cash it in at SummerSlam beating Triple H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

As much as I'd love the Miz to win it I voted for Kennedy because he got absolutely shammed the way things went down last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Bubs101 wrote: »
    As much as I'd love the Miz to win it I voted for Kennedy because he got absolutely shammed the way things went down last year

Im shocked you didnt vote for jeff hardy !!

I voted for Kennedy as well, i think he's upped his game both wrestling and promo's since after the shame of a feud he had with HBK, all of his promo's in that were terrible and the wrestling was poor, but coming to wrestlemania he's starting to do it again. Lets hope he doesnt get injured again.

P.S What the hell is Carlito doing in it? , he nearly got fired a few months ago, has been doing nothing with Santino, why didnt they give it to cody rhodes to give him some experience in a bigger match at Mania.

• Advertisement

Im shocked you didnt vote for jeff hardy !!

I actually don't like Jeff, haven't since the Hardy Boyz. I think he lacks charisma which is actually kind of important with the MITB promos in the next few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i voted for misteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer kennedy!!!

KENNEDY
    :D

he is entertaining, a great wrestler, great on the mic, and the potential to be a huge star, i think he should get the rise sooner rather than later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

I want Chris Jericho to win i'd love to see him feud with Cena/HHH/Orton

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i voted for hardy but i think if y2j wins it might help him be more over

Yeah, if Y2J loses he really has plummetted since coming back

• Advertisement

Yeah, if Y2J loses he really has plummetted since coming back

Has he won a match at a ppv since he came back? r has he only bn in that 1 wer he was disqualified?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

disqualified against Ortan, then eliminated in the EC and now in the MITB

and he was disqualified against jbl at royal rumble. so technically with the orton match he has technically WON once since he came back! not really a triumphant comeback is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

P.S What the hell is Carlito doing in it? , he nearly got fired a few months ago, has been doing nothing with Santino, why didnt they give it to cody rhodes to give him some experience in a bigger match at Mania.
    They didn't give it to Cody because he's still so green. You don't put someone who is still learning the ropes into a match where he could seriosly hurt himself and others.

And I'm delighted Carlito is in it. He is a decent performer and a great character. And character can go a long way in a match with so many participants.
    Actually, it was Randy who was disqualified. He also lost by disqualification to JBL.

Oh, and I'm not voting until I see the full line-up. Or is that it for this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Khali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

b.ie polar wrote: »
    They didn't give it to Cody because he's still so green. You don't put someone who is still learning the ropes into a match where he could seriosly hurt himself and others.

And I'm delighted Carlito is in it. He is a decent performer and a great character. And character can go a long way in a match with so many participants.

Fair enough on why cody is not getting the spot, but carlito has been dumped on by the WWE, feuds with umaga/Flair/ spots with hornswaggle , it was rumored a few months ago he was leaving the wwe. So why put him in a high profile match whens he done nothing for awhile and the wwe have no faith in him. Why not have Cody Rhodes in to start to give some experience to give him a semi push into an IC program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Fair enough on why cody is not getting the spot, but carlito has been dumped on by the WWE, feuds with umaga/Flair/ spots with hornswaggle , it was rumored a few months ago he was leaving the wwe. So why put him in a high profile match whens he done nothing for awhile and the wwe have no faith in him. Why not have Cody Rhodes in to start to give some experience to give him a semi push into an IC program.

It was Carlito who wanted out, WWE weren't going to fire him. Maybe they're repaying the loyalty that he eventually showed, if you can call it that. I suspect that they'd feel more comfortable with Carlito at IC level than Cody

In fairness, Cody is far too new (and crap ) to get an IC run. ATM Kennedy,Jericho,Carlito, JBL Santino and Umaga would all make better champs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Awesomo-4000

voted for kennedy and hope he wins to fued with HHH (new champ, hopefully), which was the orginial plan with McMahons son storyline.

• Advertisement

In fairness, Cody is far too new (and crap ) to get an IC run. ATM Kennedy,Jericho,Carlito, JBL Santino and Umaga would all make better champs
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Santino is piss poor in the ring. His IC run was shambolic, and should never be repeated.

Anyway, like I said, Carlito fits well in to the MITB match. As to why he is getting a bit of a push, its probably because they feel he deserves one.

But he more than makes up for it on the mic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I say its going to be either Hardy or Y2J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

i voted for hardy but i think if y2j wins it might help him be more over

Im trying to recall, did I hear something about Jericho having a clause when he re-signed that entitled him to one title run, im almost sure I heard that? I still cant see him winning MITB though, it'll be Hardy, even though I voted for Carlito, because that'd be cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Y2J IS GOD

b.ie polar wrote: »
    Oh, and I'm not voting until I see the full line-up. Or is that it for this year?

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
    Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito Vs. MVP

Y2J IS GOD wrote: »
    Money In The Bank Ladder Match
    Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito Vs.MVP

This Mania just got a whole lot worse if we don't have Matt and MVP end their feud

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

This Mania just got a whole lot worse if we don't have Matt and MVP end their feud

I was looking forward to Hardy v MVP at Mania. I see its official that MVP is in it though - on WWE.com now.

On the plus side, this match now has 6 young(ish) and athletic guys, each of whom will be willing to put on a great show. The likes of Finlay were just ill-suited to the MITB.

I can see Hardy being in the title picture after mania even without this win. MVP is my pick, as he is destined for greatness on Smackdown!, but needs a little something extra to help cement him in the main-event picture. Pretty much the same position Kennedy was in last year.

Matt will get into the MITB match too I'd assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If Matt can make it back for a ladder match surely he can do a singles match with MVP, the best feud in the WWE all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

I want Chris Jericho to win but since he is IC Champ now it might be Jeff Hardy

Watch the spoilers for people who haven't seen Raw please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I wonder will CM Punk be involved in the MITB, if he's not involved in some ECW title match. Maybe even take Jeff's place if he wasn't already 'scripted' in for it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

292389361a5659803474l.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I would have gone for Hardy myself until i heard that news, no wonder he dropped the title to jericho on raw. Cant see jericho winning as he's just got the ic title. Wouldnt be surprised to see mvp win it, he's had the us title so long he needs a push for the world title, matt hardy will then take the us title from him

Ah, here! The mod is just after warning someone else about using spoilers for those who haven't seen RAW. Ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

I hope Jericho wins its a shame that Jeff messed up and is now out of MITB

Is CM Punk in the match ????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Eire 4Ever wrote: »
    I hope Jericho wins its a shame that Jeff messed up and is now out of MITB

Is CM Punk in the match ????????

Look at the ECW thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement