Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Alliance Current Events Smackfest Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

does glippo stil play? hey glippo if you're out there, hows faction warfare in BNC ? is it fun???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

triumvirate are p good at this game

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gybe

Sir Molle wrote: »
    triumvirate are p good at this game

they have scary drake fleets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

Gybe wrote: »
    they have scared drake fleets

t,ftfy

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gybe

Morsus Mihi mining op:

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0908/2009.08.15.14.28.40.jpg

Me thinks they are missing the war

• Advertisement

Count down to triumvirate disbanding 4.0 initiated.

[orange]triumvirate will never dispand because its all about the elite pvp and its what keeps us all going, you pos shooting drones wouldnt know anything about elite pvp though

-dhb wildcat[/orange]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Gneez, are the rumors true? Have you been bold?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

D wrote: »
    Gneez, are the rumors true? Have you been bold?

Confirming this. I lol'd. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Stealing cap's is the eve version of social welfare :limerick:

• Advertisement

is this something to do with those kugutsumen leaks because that was hella boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Sir Molle wrote: »
    is this something to do with those kugutsumen leaks because that was hella boring

mlyp

how... dare.. u...

I gave back all the capitals, my guilty conscience was haunting me and I dont need the isk, I wanted to **** PL but ended up ****ing the swat, couldnt let the swat fall apart because of my shenanigans so I gave them all back, I'm not even as good a thief as wargod :\

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Damn he dropped a lot of good loot.

Man id love to get close enough to jew that wreck.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

24l29zb.gif

**** eve tournament tbh :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

WuuZii wrote: »

Who's King of the Goons these days?

(Please say The Mittani)

EDIT: A little reasearch reveals that it is Karttoon, aka, The Grand Sheikh of Jihadswarm. That's pretty much the most awesome choice they could have made.

Zillah wrote: »
    Who's King of the Goons these days?

(Please say The Mittani)

EDIT: A little reasearch reveals that it is Karttoon, aka, The Grand Sheikh of Jihadswarm. That's pretty much the most awesome choice they could have made.

I thought you woulda known that being the pubbypuppetmasterelitegoonoldboy that you are

I haven't played Eve in over a year. I'd have thought you might have noticed my absence :(

Also, as you might guess by my renewed interest, I'm considering returning to Eve soonish. So I've been reading about updates and holy **** stealth bombers can warp cloaked now? Hurrah. Also, someone has told me that they're removing the doomsday in favour of some sort of anti-capital death cannon? Can someone confirm?

yea stealth bombers now use torps not cruise and can warped cloaked, they do massive damage against battleships now

the doomsday is being removed in a few weeks when dominion hits, its being replaced with a death ray gun that can 1 volley most capitals (I think trimarked archons or revs can survive them tho, my archon was volleyed by one and I had massive resists)

all the faction and pirate ships are getting an overhaul which makes them ownmobiles altho expensive and some more navy battleships are being added

motherships are being renamed supercarriers and get new types of fighters called bombers which are anti-capital things, also titans and motherships are getting about over9000 hitpoint boost which means they can take a quite a boning from a capfleet before dying

there's also some X3 reunion style planets being added that look really nice

here's a tl;dr link to whats coming in dominion and after that, incarna which will have **** in stations

oh yeah and in case you didnt hear, the bane of small gang pvp for years, the 200km range falcon got nerfed into the ground, its now got a range of about 50km

Gneez wrote: »
    oh yeah and in case you didnt hear, the bane of small gang pvp for years, the 200km range falcon got nerfed into the ground, its now got a range of about 50km

No...no it can't be. Nooooo! What the fuck am I going to do with Caldari Cruiser V now you fucks.

The rest of it sounds pretty damn awesome though (although I always preferred cruise to torps, I also have higher cruise skills than I do torp).

EDIT: Played around in EFT for a bit. Falcons are completely screwed, stealth bombers look like a hell of a lot of fun now. You can put out almost 500 dps against battleships with a relatively inexpensive fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I've been getting interested in EVE again as well .... some really good changes (including falcons getting a long deserved kicking).... From the linked thread:

• Abandon wrecks & cans
    • Automatic bill payments
    • Better character selection screen
    • Fleet finder (like the sound of that!!)
    • Improved world information and station information panels
    • More faction ships
    • New in-game browser
    • Revamped sovereignty (System requires you to live in the system and use it, No more AFK Empires!)
    • Revamped T2 production(no more dysp bottleneck)
    • Projectile ammo changed to give tracking boonus
    • Artillery getting it's alpha back
    • Assault Frigate Boost.

Whats with the no more dyspro bottleneck? cheaper ships?
    Are caldari AF's any good now?
    Are Minmatar going to rule space again? just a bit slower speed than they did the last time :pac:

Zillah wrote: »
    No...no it can't be. Nooooo! What the fuck am I going to do with Caldari Cruiser V now you fucks.

The rest of it sounds pretty damn awesome though (although I always preferred cruise to torps, I also have higher cruise skills than I do torp).

EDIT: Played around in EFT for a bit. Falcons are completely screwed, stealth bombers look like a hell of a lot of fun now. You can put out almost 500 dps against battleships with a relatively inexpensive fit.

falcons are still good they just have shorter range, they still jam hard, missiles were reworked a while back making cruise missiles completely useless against pretty much everything, so if you're a caldari missile user only, you're completely screwed

train some gunnery for blaster ferox or HAM skills for ham drake, or crosstrain another race imo

BigEejit wrote: »

Whats with the no more dyspro bottleneck? cheaper ships?
    Are caldari AF's any good now?
    Are Minmatar going to rule space again? just a bit slower speed than they did the last time :pac:

atm hacs are about 110 to 130 mil and commands are about 180 (I think nighthawks are about 240) making t2 prices high, CCP keep reworking the t2 production model so if things do not get cheaper you will at least be able to have some basic insurance on t2 ships

caldari AF's will never be good

Amarr rule atm

• Advertisement

Gneez wrote: »
    falcons are still good they just have shorter range

A shorter range Falcon is a dead Falcon. They're really slow, lack manoeverability and have no hitpoints, range was the only thing keeping them alive. Also lol they swapped a missile point for a turret - like that is going to change anything.

And no, I will never fly a Ferox they're terrible, unless major changes have happened. Can you explain more about what they did to cruises? Can I not even rat with cruise missiles in a Raven now? Please tell me I don't have to rat with torps because the short range will really add a hell of a lot of time to ratting.

I might cross train Amarr but I have no armour skills (well, some), though I do love lasers. Plus lasers would be nice for ratting bloods if I manage to finagle my way back into goonfleet. Ugh, this is getting messy. Maybe I should just get my rail skills up to scratch and fly a Rokh (I have Caldari BS V for some reason, I don't even remember training it). Actually I think I might have one buried in some random corner of the universe. Although don't Amarr have a sweet HAM HAC? I've forgotten the name. I am so confused.

Root: Feel free to split all this changes-talk into a different thread if you like

Advertisement